Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into colleges with Archery Programs. I have a few in mind but would like some more feed back on which colleges to look into more. Texas A&M and Pennsylvania State University are two that I have in mind. But I also want to find a college that has a good medical programs. That is what I want to go into for a career field. If you could give me so more feed back on colleges that would be great. Thanks, Meuniermn

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
Meuniermn
You have picked to fine colleges there, but don't forget about James Madison University, and Atlantic Cape Cumminty College. I'm not sure if they have a Nursine program, but they both have Archery teams.
Terry

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Go to the University of Texas if care more about the med degree. We have an archery program, not much of one, but you will have free access to both an indoor range on campus and a 90M outdoor range. If you want more info PM me.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Texas A&M is the most competitive school out there (for archery), followed by James Madison and Atlantic cape CC. After that there are not too many top shooters around. A&M has a GREAT archery team, coaches, and indoor and outdoor range. There are some pre-med type classes you can take at A&M but nothing in graduate studies except Veterinary Science. Good Luck! If you need any help feel free to PM me.

Check this out for more info http://www.usarchery.org/programs/Collegiate/college clubs.htm

·
Registered
626 Posts
There just happens to be an article on this very subject in the new Archery Focus magizine.Range Rat

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wittenberg University

Hey,

I am a junior at Wittenberg University in Springfield Oh. I know there is a pre-med program here as well as a strong archery club. We have a website that is kind of bare-bones at the moment, but it does the job.

http://www4.wittenberg.edu/student_organizations/archery/

Wittenberg Is a 4-year private university and, in my humble opinion, a fine place for undergrad. PM or email me if you have any questions specific to wittenberg and I will do what I can.

MatrixMan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Three words. Gig 'Em Aggies!!!!!! Whoop! Ok, that was four words. Hey, Brad, since when did A&M close their medical school? When I was there it was two years on A&M campus (they had just finished the new medical sciences building and library across from the vet school) and final two years at Scott&White in Temple. From what I understand getting into A&M's medical school is extremely competative, not unlike the vet school.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Pennsylvania College of Technology (Penn Tech) has or at least did have a very competitive archery program when I was there (graduated in 1999). They shot against JMU and A&M and the like and at a time were the #1 school in the nation even though there are only about 5000 students there total. Web site is www.pct.edu and you should be able to find some good info there. Andrew

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Columbia University has one of the best academic environments in the world and a varsity (ladies) or club (guys) archery team. Stephanie Miller (1300 shooter) just entered. Larry Brown is the coach-a great person from what I have seen shooting next to him at nationals.

Wittenberg is a fine school with a growing program.

Ohio's Case Western is a superb school with a long tradition in archery. Its medical school is probably tops in Ohio

·
Registered
195 Posts
Case Western is having a shoot on november 15th, you should go check it out. I will be there with the Wittenberg team and there should be a good showing of other archers in the area. instead of going to college tours just go to the college shoots.

MatrixMan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts