Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do archers have to wear hunter orange while hunting during muzzleloader season in Colorado?

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know for sure?

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
163 Posts
yes you have to wear orange during muzzle loading season. I just read that in the regs last night. Getting ready for my first bow hunt out there this fri.

·
Registered
16 Posts
According To The Brochure Orange Has To Be Worn During Any Firearms Season But You Can Call This Number To Confirm 303-297-1192. Good Luck!

·
Banned
84 Posts
Unless I have been breaking the rules for the past 10 years you do not have to wear hunter orange during muzzle.....

I could be wrong however because there just arent many hunters if you get way back in the hills even during muzzle loader and you hardly ever see DOW anyhow. I would just throw an orange hat on when you are moving around if you are actually concerned about other possible hunters in the area

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for you that helped. I called and got it straight from the department. You do not HAVE to wear orange while bowhunting during muzzleloader but they sure recommend some type of orange on to protect you but it is not mandatory. Straight from the horse's mouth, so you can take it to the bank. Good luck to any going, I am walking out the door right now.

·
Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
The muzzleloaders have to wear 500 square inches of orange.....bowhunters are not requiored to wear orange during the week long ML season...does make me a little nervous with some trigger happy people out therer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts