Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of friends and I have decided to do an archery hunt this year in Colorado. Does anyone have any information or experiences in these GMU's-

47, 371 & 751?

I'm not looking for specific spots to hunt, but I would like to hear from guys that have actually hunted these units and what they think about them. From what I've researched thus far, units 47 & 371 seem simliar however 751 seems light it might be quite a bit more rugged. Also, what are your opinions on time of season to hunt- i.e. early/late? This will be the first time out there to hunt for all of us so any information would be useful. If you don't want to post your info publicly feel free to give me a PM.

The Surveyor.

· Registered
7,119 Posts
371? Are you sure your are not talking about 471 and 47. If you are talking about 47 and 471 there are elk, but it is some rough terrain. 471 has some places that the access is too easy and the elk get run out pretty quick. The area where they hang out in 471 is blocked by private land and homes. 471 is very small. 47 is much bigger, but I have hunted it none, although I have helped a friend pack 2 elk out of 47. Those elk were killed the 3rd rifle season on a south facing slope, it could hold elk during September, but I think most would be much higher and on north or east facing timber with parks. 751 should be a good bet, but I have never hunted that area. I've heard that several OTC units in that area are good but rough too.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Unit 61 would be great though you need preference points and to be drawn.

· Corripe Cervisiam
27,871 Posts
61 is a great idea

if you have 13 points for elk

The units you asked about I could probably help you with one or two. PM me and I'll try to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.