Archery Talk Forum banner

Colored Hoyt Grip?

1434 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Big D UpNorth
How goes it AT,
Lately I've been seeing a lot of Hoyt's being posted on here that have an extra little bit of custom flare to them, and I'm refering to the white-tailed buck emblem on the lower portion of the black OEM rubber grip...aside from the standard white/tan and pink options available from the manufactuer, I've noticed quite a few here on the forum that are red or green. How are you guys doing, this...did you order the grip that way from Hoyt or is there a way to paint it, etc?

Later,
Brad Bentley
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

12,321 Posts
Red comes on the blackouts and green is on the bone collectors.
This is true, but I have seen variations to this too. You can always just order one from Hoyt. My 2011 CRX came with the black 180 grip with tan insert. I changed it right away to the black wood grip.

· GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is true, but I have seen variations to this too. You can always just order one from Hoyt. My 2011 CRX came with the black 180 grip with tan insert. I changed it right away to the black wood grip.
As did I, my Maxxis came OEM with the black rubber grip...I quickly switched it out for the gray/silver wood grip.

· Registered
4,710 Posts
My carbon matrix came with side plates and i called hoyt and told them i would like a full 180 grip and if possible in red .. 5 days later i had a black grip and deer skull was in red.. =0) now it matches my red matrix !!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
452 Posts
I know you can sand down the grip and get a tinted stain or paint. I did this once adn it was not that difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.