Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, with my first post.
Does anyone know where I can go to find out about an old kids archery set that I have. It was made by Colt. The Colt Co can't tell me anything about it.

It contains a fiberglass bow with a black grip that has the Colt logo. 3 wooden? arrows, a forearm protector, and an envelope containing a string.

I apologize for my lack of the proper verbage, I am not an archer. Any help would be appreciated. I have been unable to get any info on my own. I'm thinking it was made in the early to mid 60's but I can't be sure. It is in the unopened original packaging.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so. I've had this set for about 15 years and I don't know any more about it than the day I bought it. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
http://www.archeryarchives.com/Colt.html

Scroll down till you come the cadet model. Not exactly the same, I suspect yours maybe a couple years older than the first release. Made by Wing Archery. Bob Lee and Wing archery are still around and producing bows, but on Bobs website, they have removed everything on past bows, and ask that you do not inquire about the old stuff, just current production. Hope this helps a little! Nice bow by the way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Johnny! I am still interested in learnnig more about this item. Anyone with ideas on how I can find it??

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Can't help you with age. Just wanted to say that it's OLD. :D And the arrows are wearing real, natural turkey feathers. I've had to start making my own to get feathers like that. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Buster. I didn't know those were turkey feathers. hhmmm. I wish I knew what to do with this thing....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's a wonderful bit of history --- I'm sure some collector of Colt firearms and associated stuff would like it, or you could (carefully) equip it w/ some new arrows and a safe target and shooting area and find a budding-new-archer and watch the magic unfold.

William

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will, I thought the same thing...I posted it on a Colt Collectors website the same day I posted it here. So far, I have gotten a total of....ONE, response...Go figure.

I can't believe there are very many of these sets out there, still in the original, unopened package. It has to be worth something to someone. It sits in my basement collecting dust but I'm not ready to just give it away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts