Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a colt plainsman recurve from a guy a while back
just wondering if any body knows anything about them it says on the bow colt firearms mfg did they make the bows or did somebody make them for colt it also came with 11 wood arrows an broadheads its a great shooting bow just curious

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
somebody out there must know something about this bow

·
Registered
151 Posts
My non-expert thinking is: I believe Colt Bows were made for a short run in early to later 60s. Mid priced general use bow. I believe they were made by Wing archery for Colt. I have a friend that collects everything with Colt or Winchester on it including the bows. It seems, the firearm companys sold many different products besides guns under their names. They sold Bows, Lighters , clothes, belt buckles, knives,and the list goes on and on.

I have seen and shot a few Colt bows and they seemed like decent bows for their intended general use. I have seen several sell on Ebay for around + or - $100.00.( depending on condition and mood of those bidding) I think alot of that interest is because there are many folks that collect anything with the Colt name on it. I hope this helps, but others may be able to fill you in with more detailed information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts