Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on what you guys would do. From what I understand performance would give you an 8-10 FPS increase over comfort, so let’s just say 10fps and every # increase of draw weight is roughly 2#. Would you shoot 52# on performance or 57# on comfort? In theory FPS would be the same

·
"Shock n Awe"
4,430 Posts
I shoot my realm x on comfort @50 and 29in. The chronograph i used showed consistent 6fps difference. Amazing draw cycle on comfort and with the addition of lucky stops and the high wrist grip its quickly becoming my favorite whitetail bow

·
Registered
PSE Ferocity, Elite Enlist, some KTBs
292 Posts
Having a Carbon Icon, I tried the comfort setting first, how it came.
With my 55lbs and 27,5" draw, I could use a bit more speed, and tried performance setting.
And to honest, not much difference in draw cycle. It just stays a bit longer on max. draw weight before dropping down.
The valley seem equally long and comfortable, so I left it on performance.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Comfort at 70lbs for me is a beautiful thing! Didn't like how it let down in Performance. About ripped my arm off!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm running a reign 6 with a 27.5 DL. As for which i shoot better, I need to experiment as my form has changed as with my DL. I got some lucky stops and will be testing them out. Just trying to figure things out and see where i should start. currently sitting on 54# at 27.5 on comfort.

·
NAASP
7,185 Posts
I shoot my realm x on comfort @50 and 29in. The chronograph i used showed consistent 6fps difference. Amazing draw cycle on comfort and with the addition of lucky stops and the high wrist grip its quickly becoming my favorite whitetail bow
Can you explain Lucky Stops and what they did for you Realm X? I have a Revolt X but I assume they would do the same. I just don't get what they offer.

·
"Shock n Awe"
4,430 Posts
Can you explain Lucky Stops and what they did for you Realm X? I have a Revolt X but I assume they would do the same. I just don't get what they offer.
I hope that I can explain this properly..
When I switched to the comfort setting, to me the back wall felt slightly softer than in performance but the draw cycle felt amazing. I ordered the lucky stops based on suggestions to firm up the backwall .
Maybe I'm in between draw lengths, but when I installed the lucky stops and got them set properly my x felt like a totally different bow.
I hold better. Back wall is better and I feel like I shoot better, more consistent groups .

·
NAASP
7,185 Posts
I hope that I can explain this properly..
When I switched to the comfort setting, to me the back wall felt slightly softer than in performance but the draw cycle felt amazing. I ordered the lucky stops based on suggestions to firm up the backwall .
Maybe I'm in between draw lengths, but when I installed the lucky stops and got them set properly my x felt like a totally different bow.
I hold better. Back wall is better and I feel like I shoot better, more consistent groups .
Do you feel like the back wall is jarring? I don't like that feeling when I come back on some bows and it hits so hard. Not sure why people talk about back walls so much as if the harder the better. I've been shooting compounds since the Bear Whitetail so about anything to me feels great compared to the half inch play that we had back in the day.

So the main purpose of the LS is to firm up the back wall and take out any play? But the do something else that's hard to define.....but it's a good thing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I shoot my revolt x on comfort at 58 lbs and 30 inch draw. it feels great on my shoulders which are shot after years of training for endurance sports. I will switch to performance if i go on a moose or elk hunt, otherwise stay on comfort. btw I shot 2 deer this year, one was a complete pass thru and stuck in the ground several inches, one I hit to far back and drove a 31 inch shaft up to 2 inches left out of deer. All on comfort.

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
I don't care how fast a bow shoots, if it's not as smooth comfortable draw and comfortable at anchor You're simply not going to shoot it as well.

With today's modern bows you can be 50 ft per second slow and still be quite effective.

Remember, the Speed and Performance is relative. Go pick up a bow that was made in the 80s and shoot it. Plenty of game killed a very high scores.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
My SR6 on comfort is a dream to shoot - on performance - a nightmare !

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,193 Posts
I shoot RealmX with performance but I have lucky-stops in it for bit more valley.
Smooth enough for me

1 - 20 of 65 Posts