Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find timing and maintenance infor for an '02 ProTec LXPro with command cams? Mine seems pretty badly out of time, and I need to know more about working on it.

Scott

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
If it's out of time draw the bow like you were shooting it and watch the cable tracks or have someone else watch it. The cable that goes fully in the track first needs to be shortened or the other cable lengthened.
You can get the 2002 manual from Hoyt's site. On page 17 is optimizing command cam performance. THey have performance marks you should keep the cables between. Doesn't have to be in the middle just between the marks.
http://www.hoytusa.com/technical/images/2002_Compound_Manual.pdf

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I'll give that a try when I can get to a press.

There are no timing marks on the wheels. Maybe I have other cams? I bought the bow used, so I am not certain about the year etc.

Scott

PS: That's the starboard side of the bottom cam in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Beezar, those are accuweels. Mine has commands and they have marks on them. Good Luck!:) PS, I will see if I can find out for you. Havee you checked Hoyt's web site?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Huh, I thought accuwheels were supposed to be perfectly round - these are 2.500" wide and 2.975" high. They have "C2B" and "C2T" on the other side of the bottom and top cams, respectively. But whatever, part of the purpose of this bow is to try things out and see how I like them before I blow a ton of money on a new bow.

Yes, I did check Hoyt's site, and had gotten the manual. Didn't find much else.

Is it possible to change cams and cables later? Are more agressive cams hard to get?

Thanks for the info.

Scott

·
Registered
800 Posts
Those look like 2001 Command Cams. 2002 bows came with Command Cam Plus (with marks).

Are you sure the bow is a 2002? Post a picture of the limb pocket/riser if you want to be sure....

Yes, cams can be changed but often the poundage range of the bow changes too. Sometimes by 10-20 pounds! Buying new cams from a dealer can be pricey. The classifieds here on AT would be my first suggestiion if you want to do it.

*Note* Be prepared to possibly play with cable and string lengths, especially if using cams that were not available on that model/year of bow from the factory.

CharlieL

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a (lousy) shot of the riser. The cable guard is off right now, as the bow is set up for the Kudlacek split cable system.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
. . . and a closeup of the thumb side of the grip. . .

For all I know, it coud be an '01. I can't remember that part of the conversation with the woman in the shop.

By the way, what are those "- 0" marks where the rest mounts?

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
I guess it is a 2002. I believe the pockets on the 2001 models were solid (no cutouts), and I'm sure the riser itself is different too (besides being thinner with a thinner grip). No doubt the factory could tell by the serial number as well.

Can you take a close-up picture of the other side of the cam (without the module) and also the graphics on the limbs? What is the axle to axle length?

I've heard that several shooters prefer the 2001 and earlier CC over the 2002 CC+. I'm guessing that someone must have swapped cams. I just noticed that you bought it used...

CharlieL

P.S. I know nothing about the stamped numbers...someone else here probably does. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
. . . and the limb graphics for the bottom.

Axle-to-axle is 46-3/4". The limb pockets were bottomed out at 55# when I got it, but who knows what that is from - maybe the split cable system.

The stickers on the bottom limb say:

"WEIGHT 50-60" "STRING 61.5"
"LENGTH 28.5-31.5" "BC. 47.5/"
"ProTec LX" [then some numbers and a bar code]

The bow was owned by a guy with lots of tools and parts, so it would not surprise me if a few things have been changed.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Defintely a hybrid of some sort.

Those are the C-cams they made between 1998 & 2001. CC+'s have a lobe somewhat similar to a perimeter weighted single cam.

But those are definitely 2002 or later limb pockets.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Cams look to be positioned right. Doesn't look over or under rotated at rest.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's interesting - thank you all.

It sounds like I am on my own for string length, etc., but that it isn't too hard to work on. I'll be looking forward to that when the sight arrives.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts