Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 commander and am having trouble with fletching clearance. The problem is the cable slide doesn't pull the strings far enough away and when I release the fletching hits the string. I have tried cocking the vane up and down to try to alleviate the probem, but upon doing this, the vane will hit my drop away rest. (trophy taker shaky hunter). Anyone else have this similar problem? Thinking about getting a new cable slide, but dont want to pull it to much so I get cam lean.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
:beer:Get the saunders it will solve your problem.Great slide have no issues with lean.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The saunders is a good idea, but i found the best solution was a limb driver arrow rest this allowed me to use 5 inch feathers with no contact.
i found on the 07 commander with my longer draw length that there was a bit to much pull on the cables at full draw 29.5 inch. and thing were just out of whack.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
After switching to the limb driver I wont ever look back. Awesome rest:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had the same problem with my guardian. You dont have to buy a new rest it has to do with the cables being to close. Just change your fletching. i use low profile vanes and that solved the problem. i started with blazers but they didnt give me clearance, then went to feathers. Solved the problem becuase they just lay down with any contact, but wasnt perfect. I wanted more clearance. I was sponsered by victory in 08 and when i switched my arrows. They came pre fletched with 4" standard vanes and they gave me the most clearance yet , so i am sticking with em. This made me realize all i had to do is change my fletching. try quickspin 2" or 3.125". they work just as good.

I tried the saunders slide and gave me serious cam lean. I tried three different slides the only one that works is Hoyt standard cable slide or the origianl BT one.

but try changing your fletching first, than go from there. good luck. it can be discouraging, but stick with the bow these bow shoots amazing once this little glich gets fixed.

what fletches do you have now?

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
if the vanes are blazers, that could be the problem

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
I use 2" quickspins now unfortunately.
I shoot these as well. I just turn the arrow so that the cock vane is in the 11:00 position (left-handed), and they clear just fine. When I tried different slides, they all pulled my cables over too far and at full draw I was getting cable contact on my cams. If you can't adjust your rest for this, I would suggest trying the 3.125" QS's. I can shoot those straight up and clear the cables.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I turn my cock vane to the 1 o'clock position and don't have any trouble on my guardian, but I also use a limbdriver and hoyt cable slide. Just got the new bowtech slide so I am going to try if out next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts