Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Mathews Reezen, probably the 6.5. Could I please have soome feedback on the bow?

I've read some really positive comments about the bow like the bow shoots like a target bow and it's a hunting bow, very smooth, accurate, and forgiving, etc.

I really can't shoot one before I buy one since I'm left-handed and the local archery shop doesn't stock any left-handers.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had mine for about nine months now so I have a pretty good feeling for all the goods and bads. IMHO the only bad was that stock grip. Didn't have the bow a week and swapped it out for a Torqueless unit. As for the shooting behavior it is a very forgiving bow for 6.5 brace height. The draw cycle is a little harsher than your average Mathews single cam but not horrible. The creep is probably in the 1-1.5 range. If you move a little too far forward she will want to take off FAST! It is a relatively quiet bow but certainly not as quiet as say an Admiral. Not sure what else you would like to know but I will certainly share my personal views with you if you need more info.

Bill

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this bow super-accurate?

I know the speed is there, but is it accurate?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
great hunting bow fast and quit i own two but now 2010 models are out look at the new Z 7 before you order one .

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I know the speed is there, but is it accurate?
I bought one early on and found it to be very accurate. I didn't care for the noise or vibration on the shot though. It just didn't feel good to me at the shot. I couldn't get past that. I also had an Admiral which was making it VERY hard to overlook what I perceived to be shortcomings on the Reezen.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I own the Reezen now, traded a monster for it. this bow has really impressed me. to me its smooth and very quiet. the weight isn't bad .I like the simpleness of the bow, not a lot to go wrong( compared to the avs) and less to worry about.
the Z7 is nice but I didn't like the looks .
both are great bows but the reezen was more up my alley.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Reezen is a very acccurate bow. Someone else mentioned vibration, I've not noticed that with mine? I think this bow is smoother than my Ross (Pre-bowtech model) Cardiac. I realize everyone is different but for me the Reezen is the perfect bow - for now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts