Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do these compare draw wise at all... I know omen pro is faster so I expect draw to be a little harsher.. but how much.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
You want the truth???? Can you handle the truth????? I got the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, now thats out of the way, here is what I can tell you. I have been shooting the omen since it came out, and currently am shooting the omen pro. I have owned an omen in one form or another in 60, 70, and now 65lbs. I know all about the draw on the omen and omen pro. Here is my opinion...you will get used to the draw in just one outing with the omen. It really isnt horrible, but it isnt good. I have a short 27 inch draw and like speed bows to make up for that. If you go back and look at my posts, you will see that i have already bought four bows this year, I am always looking for a bow to dethrown the omen. Well, after playing with all of the new bows, I have sold them all, and still have the omen pro.
NOW..as for the insanity, mine is in and will be to me in a few days, but I can tell you this. I spent all afternoone with an insanity a couple weeks ago, and at 70 lbs, it is easier to draw than my omen pro at 65!!! I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I believe I will shoot the insanity better at longer distanced than I do the omen also. The draw is WAY easier on the insanity than the omen. The huge hump isnt there on the insanity like the omen. Dont listen to the people who say that the insanity has no hump, IT DOES. It just isnt near as bad as the omen pro. Those of us that shoot omens get used to them, so we tend to forget how bad they are untill one of our friends picks it up to shoot it, then they usually hand it back quickly and say something like "the draw on that thing sucks". I can honestly say that the insanity is a heck of a lot more fun to shoot. I honestly believe that I will be selling my omen in a couple moths, maybe not even that long! Hope this helps....just my honest opinion, but there is no comparison in draw cycles.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The Insanity and Omen are similar and would be really close if they had the same BH. But IMHO the Insantiy is better before and after the shoot. The Omen is faster, but not by much. Thats my opinion and you know how opinions go. You really need to test them for yourself. Take them both for a test drive and you decide which one is for you.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Everything 13bonatter69 just said, x2. I am a 29" draw, and we feel that nasty draw on the omen more than the 27", and the Insanity does have a lot smoother draw cycle. It won't be as fast, but hey, for the simple fact that it makes me want to shoot more, it's worth buying. I ordered a blackops 80# Insanity because it will still be smoother and easier to shoot than that Omen Pro. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
You want the truth???? Can you handle the truth????? I got the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, now thats out of the way, here is what I can tell you. I have been shooting the omen since it came out, and currently am shooting the omen pro. I have owned an omen in one form or another in 60, 70, and now 65lbs. I know all about the draw on the omen and omen pro. Here is my opinion...you will get used to the draw in just one outing with the omen. It really isnt horrible, but it isnt good. I have a short 27 inch draw and like speed bows to make up for that. If you go back and look at my posts, you will see that i have already bought four bows this year, I am always looking for a bow to dethrown the omen. Well, after playing with all of the new bows, I have sold them all, and still have the omen pro.
NOW..as for the insanity, mine is in and will be to me in a few days, but I can tell you this. I spent all afternoone with an insanity a couple weeks ago, and at 70 lbs, it is easier to draw than my omen pro at 65!!! I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I believe I will shoot the insanity better at longer distanced than I do the omen also. The draw is WAY easier on the insanity than the omen. The huge hump isnt there on the insanity like the omen. Dont listen to the people who say that the insanity has no hump, IT DOES. It just isnt near as bad as the omen pro. Those of us that shoot omens get used to them, so we tend to forget how bad they are untill one of our friends picks it up to shoot it, then they usually hand it back quickly and say something like "the draw on that thing sucks". I can honestly say that the insanity is a heck of a lot more fun to shoot. I honestly believe that I will be selling my omen in a couple moths, maybe not even that long! Hope this helps....just my honest opinion, but there is no comparison in draw cycles.
Props. to you for being so honest

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
As said above, the Insanity draws REALLY, nice. There is a hump at the end but it is very very small. I bought one and after about 10 shots I dont even notice it. I was shooting an Omen - then sold it for an MR6 now the Insanity. I might be the insane one:darkbeer: Thats all my speed bows for 3 years!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I have not had time flinging enough arrows to say just yet, but I believe the insanity will be my favorite bow. At least for a while, anyways. It really is insane to get that much performance from a bow with that nice of a draw cycle.

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
The insanity does draw smoother but i think the omen is quieter. I haven't shot both side by side but my omen is on its way. I thought the insanity was a little twangy at just 60lbs i have not shot one at 70. Im not sure about speed either we tested a 79lb crx 35 at 30 inches it shot 312 fps and the insanity at 63lbs and 30 inches shot 288. Do the math for the 16lbs difference you get about 32 fps. that means the insanity was only roughly 8 fps faster than a bow that ibo'd at 320. Granted you do get a little extra performance out of higher weight limbs but not 20fps worth. Anyone have some real world hunting setup numbers for the insanity yet?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Great review and comments...:thumbs_up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts