Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· can I shoot it?
17,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to something a little lighter then my FMJ to get my total arrow weight around 400 grains. I wanted to get some TR Crush arrows, but am having a hard time finding any. I thought about going back to the Easton Axis, but my arrow weight would still be a little more then I want (with a 125grain head) so I was looking at the Easton Epics. I know they are a lower price point arrow, but for those that have shot both the Axis and the Epics, what did you think of the Epics? How did they fly and hold up for you?

· Registered
791 Posts
The epic' are really nice, i just bought some. I was trying to decied the same thing you are, the epics are a little bigger outside dia. Mine are in the 400 spine which is 8.6 gpi vs the axis is 9.0. It dont seem like much, but i chron'd both arrows, and the epic was faster by 8fps. Seem real nice, love em so far.

· <---Ride the Lightning
2,032 Posts
The epic' are really nice, i just bought some. I was trying to decied the same thing you are, the epics are a little bigger outside dia. Mine are in the 400 spine which is 8.6 gpi vs the axis is 9.0. It dont seem like much, but i chron'd both arrows, and the epic was faster by 8fps. Seem real nice, love em so far.
I didn't know the 400's were a different weight. 340's are 9.5 gpi in both models

· Registered
257 Posts
We all shot Epics last year, and everyone really liked them. This year, all my hunting partners are considering switching to Axis. Everyone shoots the exact DL and weight, so it is nice when your at spike camp, and someone needs to borrow a couple arrows.

So we decided to buy a dozen between the four of us, and give them a test run. Jury is still out.

If it were up to me, based on my experience with the Epics, I wouldn't even consider changing.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
i have shot the 400 spined Epics for the past few years for a hunting arrow. out of every bow i have set up with them they shot great. they hit the same with broadheads and field points. shot 100 grain G5 Stryker broadheads and they hit in the same hole as a field point out to 60 yds.

· Registered
4,284 Posts
I have shot both and like the Epics better. The Epics are the same specs and construction as the Axis with the only difference being the Epics use a regular insert and slightly different nock. I do not like the HIT insert so the Epics using the regular insert is a big plus for me. My 400's are 403 grains with a 100 grain tip and are the perfect blend of speed and weight. Being the same construction and specs makes it very easy to pick the Epics over the Axis and since they cost less it saves money for custom wraps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.