Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I find local events for beginners? Are there websites with the info. I have kids that are interested in archery.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Most 3D shoots are done for the year, but they are the best way to go for children. They love to shoot big foam animals. Also next year try to take your children to a Rinehart 100 when some one in your area host's one, they won't have a better time.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
350 FPS said:
How do I find local events for beginners? Are there websites with the info. I have kids that are interested in archery.
Where are you located? You've already found one of the best resources in this board:wink:

I would suggest local clubs as a good place to start and if they're hosting an organized shoot that's even better. All the shoots I've been to have folks willing to bend over backwards to help someone new get started. Archery seems to be unique in that kids are treated like gold and the whole idea is to enjoy the sport. You don't have to purchase anything to start, someone wll loan it to you and since there are so many choices this really is the best way to make smart purchasing decisions once you do make a brand, model, style choice.

Keep asking questions and WELCOME to the sport!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
You have an archery shop close by that has a shooting range indoor or outside. That be a good place too start. Get acquainted with some local shooters and ask questions about what is going on in your neighborhood or area. Ita almost time for the indoor shooting for the winter. Find out if there are any league shoots planned and join up and learn all about shooting. Have fun and shoot a lot. Archery its addictive. Catch the fever. AC

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check with your local archery shop/indoor range. I started shooting in the winter at indoor leagues. It was great as a beginner, plenty of experienced shooters to offer advice. There were shooters of all skill levels and ages. It really built my confidence and skill so that by the time warm weather and outdoor tournaments rolled around I was comfortable competing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts