Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Well if you can pull 50 lbs, you will only be holding 10 lbs or less. If you pull 40 lbs, you will only be holding 8 lbs or less. I agree that it would suck if you can't try on first. The razzberry does not come with the RAK package.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The razzberry does not come with the RAK package.
I knew the razzberry finish was too good to be true haha. I might have to stick with the getting the infinite edge for now, and who knows what diamond is releasing next month or next year. maybe there's an even more flexible shiny women's bow. I really liked the finish of the razzberry on screen. is there anywhere that I will be able to get a bowtech online at some stage?

·
Registered
71 Posts
infinite edge is sounder better and better by the minute. Spent today watching lots of youtube videos (public holiday in Australia, woohoo) and the reviews are looking good.

Ah yes, I downloaded the manual too, and watched more videos and it does look easy to switch it in and out. just gotta get it to a shop to switch it from C to B to A. looks like i'm sitting around a B range at the moment, and I think B will last me till I get one of the higher end bows. And thank you, now I get the whole max poundage for the compounds. much more flexible than the recurve that's for sure, which was one of the main reasons why I wanted to make the switch over.

For all of you who have the infinite edge, did anyone get a stabilizer? is it necessary? i'm looking for something not too fancy, basic that fulfill its purpose would be great. what would you guys recommend? the RTH package doesn't seem to come with it.
You only need the B range if your draw length is below 16 inches. A range should work fine. A is the stock setting so unless you have arms like a T-rex dinosaur,... you will only need to adjust the cam modules to the correct setting for your exact DL. Easy, but you need lock tight for the bolts like the manual says.

BTW, the limb bolts can't be used to shoot when backed out past the reference hole. However, you can back them out past the hole to put slack in the string so you can select B range or C range. Just no shooting until they are tighted back in beyond the reference hole. See the manual's page 6. A dealer would be best but the bow can be maintained and fully adjusted at home.

My wife mounted a six inch Octane stabilizer just like the stabilizer that came with my Assassin bow. I am not saying it is a great stabilizer, just one we picked because it wasn't too big. She has also mounted our club's huge target stabilizer to the Infinite Edge just to try shooting it. It worked fine. She also added a home made parachute cord wrist strap to give the bow a personal touch. She shoots the Victory Pink Arrow Project arrows. They are the pink arrows that help women cancer causes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Contact the Cabelas you are going to and ask which bows they have on hand to demo. The poundage on compounds is adjusted by turning the limb bolts (you should be able to download the manuals for the bows). I would think your draw length would be close to your recurve but you never know. That is why it is good to actually shoot the bow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Contact the Cabelas you are going to and ask which bows they have on hand to demo. The poundage on compounds is adjusted by turning the limb bolts (you should be able to download the manuals for the bows). I would think your draw length would be close to your recurve but you never know. That is why it is good to actually shoot the bow.
That's definitely a good idea. I would imagine their online catalog is not that complete. I've tried emailing them, but no one is replying. I'll give them a week.

You only need the B range if your draw length is below 16 inches. A range should work fine. A is the stock setting so unless you have arms like a T-rex dinosaur,... you will only need to adjust the cam modules to the correct setting for your exact DL. Easy, but you need lock tight for the bolts like the manual says.

BTW, the limb bolts can't be used to shoot when backed out past the reference hole. However, you can back them out past the hole to put slack in the string so you can select B range or C range. Just no shooting until they are tighted back in beyond the reference hole. See the manual's page 6. A dealer would be best but the bow can be maintained and fully adjusted at home.

My wife mounted a six inch Octane stabilizer just like the stabilizer that came with my Assassin bow. I am not saying it is a great stabilizer, just one we picked because it wasn't too big. She has also mounted our club's huge target stabilizer to the Infinite Edge just to try shooting it. It worked fine. She also added a home made parachute cord wrist strap to give the bow a personal touch. She shoots the Victory Pink Arrow Project arrows. They are the pink arrows that help women cancer causes.
I'm liking your wife's style. I'm thinking of getting the Gold Tip Ted Nugent Pink Arrows, just cause. I'll check out the Victory Pink Arrow Project arrows too.

Unfortunately I do not have t-rex arms. I tried re-measuring my draw-length at home today, looks like its more like a 27.5 than 26.5. but the guy at the shop said 26.5 so i'll stick to that. he said it was between 26.5 and 27 anyway. more monkey than t-rex. and i'm not tall either :(

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you can have your relation here call the store and talk to the archery department. If not you will have to do it when you get there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
If you can have your relation here call the store and talk to the archery department. If not you will have to do it when you get there.
yes indeed. i'll get them to call before i get there in july. lots can happen in 3 months. like maybe, the release of a newer fancier bow for women. or would you guys advice not to get anything that's too brand new? like the apple products.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We put a b stinger stab on hers. Don't necessarily know if it was needed but she likes it on there. She got the pink camo and thought shed hate it (was 5 week wait on black so took pink to shoot now) but the pinks growing on her. I actually think its cool myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah the pink camo wasn't really for me in the pics. I prefer the pink camo finish by bear. Still loving the razzberry finish on the heartbreaker. I like the black ops finish. Haven't seen it yet though, guess I'll have to see it 1st to comment on which I like better.

Bowtech bows are popular in the US yes? For target and hunting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yes bowtechs are popular. One of the big 3 most people will say. (Bowtech Matthews an Hoyt)
always thought bear was a big popular one too... but i'm hearing that it is hard to adjust, not as flexible such and such.
the Matthew's Jewel is looking good, just that it is a big high end starting out, and the price that's on most websites is not a package price, which means i'll have to get a hold of a whole lot of other stuff.
PSE stiletto starts at 4lbs! seems heavy enough. but I really like the skullworks finish on the PSE bows.

I should really take the effort to go visit a pro shop that carries bowtech if cabelas doesn't have it, and I'm not fully sold on the inifinite edge. Cabelas does carry Matthew and PSE anyway. Just hope it has the few I would like to try.

Maybe I should also look into regular compounds, not just the female ones. My draw length is plenty anyway. deceivingly long fingers.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The edge draw weight it 5-70#. Cabelas carries them. The biggest factor that convinced me to buy the edge for her was for the price it was ready to shoot package. No other bow was and the price of the bare bow was equal to the price of the edge ready to shoot.

Like I said the accessories are cheap on the edge but great for learning.

Comparing the edge to the Matthews and Hoyt the edge just felt all around more comfortable and lighter than the other two. We didnt shoot them but the edge felt more comfortable in hand. Don't know much about pse.

Best bet is to go to a cabelas or pro shop and shoot a couple. Don't buy one until you've tried all the ones you want. Every persons different and you might hate the edge.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The edge draw weight it 5-70#. Cabelas carries them. The biggest factor that convinced me to buy the edge for her was for the price it was ready to shoot package. No other bow was and the price of the bare bow was equal to the price of the edge ready to shoot.

Like I said the accessories are cheap on the edge but great for learning.

Comparing the edge to the Matthews and Hoyt the edge just felt all around more comfortable and lighter than the other two. We didnt shoot them but the edge felt more comfortable in hand. Don't know much about pse.

Best bet is to go to a cabelas or pro shop and shoot a couple. Don't buy one until you've tried all the ones you want. Every persons different and you might hate the edge.
Cabelas only has the edge (on the website) and it seems like they don't carry bowtech. I've checked with the bowtech site, and it seems like its 40min-1hr drive to the closest pro shop that might have it. I'll just have to narrow it down a little more to the brands that cabelas carry. have you guys shopped there before? are they helpful much? the bf and family isn't really into bows. it's just me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've never bought a bow from cabelas. I imagine there some good places that help and some that don't. They only carry diamond and pse I believe. A bowtech shop might not have diamonds on hand. Might not have a heartbreaker on hand but I think you should try an shoot a heartbreaker and maybe the assassin. Both great bows also. A little more money up front but will have more resale value and might fit you better than the edge.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Also I recommend picking a couple bows you have on your list that you want to shoot and possibly buy. When you have your list research as much as you can about them. Get all info about them good and bad.

It sucks your looking to get into archery by yourself and have no one to help you along. Again get all info you can. Not saying all shops will but some shops seeing a woman come in looking for a first bow might try and talk dumb to you and bull**** you into something that you might not of wanted. Shoot the bows and choose by the way you shoot them. If one feels awesome and you shoot it well get it. Don't let someone try and talk you into a bow that doesn't feel as well as another one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
right now i'm down to:
1) infinite edge (available at cabelas)
2) heartbreaker
3) stiletto
4) siren (available at cabelas)

I'll have to talk to the family a couple of weeks before visiting, and see if I can get them to help me call both the cabelas and the pro shop closest to their place. 3 more months to see if I can train up my muscles to be able to pull 40lbs. with a 20lbs bow. ha...

·
Registered
473 Posts
My fiancé didnt think she could pull 40#. We started her around 30# and within a week we had her up to 40#. Just take your time and don't overdue it by shooting to much at one time. You be pulling 40 in no time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm hoping for that too. But I guess I'll need a 30lbs bow to practice on. I know I can pull, hold and shoot a 30lbs recurve cause I've been using a friend's. but if he doesn't turn up at the range often enough, I'm stuck with my 20lbs to practice on. Gotta do weights at the gym I suppose. There should be someone at the range where I shoot, who has a 36 or 40lbs to let me try a couple of rounds on, but that won't help me improve till I get my own to practice on.

Good that she has the infinite edge then. Which is also why I wanted it to begin with. Till I get to the poundage I'm pretty fixed and comfortable with, then I'll pick up a better bow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Alternatively, I can go shell out $150 for new recurve limbs.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts