Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited Wolpyong archery range in Daejon, South Korea from Aug.21 to 24, 2006. I practiced with many good archers there.
On the 2nd day, I competed with archery members of BaeJe-University. We shot at 70m target with three arrows each for 12round, I shot with Jong-Yong Lee(2006 World Universiade Recurve Bow Champion), I won over him at first 12rounds, but I was defeated at 2nd 12rounds. He is a real great archer.
The next he went to the W&W factory to change his bow, because the bow he shot was not in good condition... Wow!!!
Anyway see pictures below;

I am in the middle of the picture, and wearing a headband.

Jong-yong Lee and I

Belows are scores we made during the competition;
My arrows have orange vane and red nock, Jong-Yong Lee's arrows have blue spin vane and yellow nock.

Me : 30 / Lee : 29

Me : 28 / Lee : 29

Me : 30 / Lee : 27

Me : 29 / Lee : 29

Me : 27 / Lee : 29

Me : 28 / Lee : 30

It was very good experience for me to shoot with them.

If someone wants to read my archery trip to S.Korea, please visit below webpage;
http://rambo.metroflex-samurai.com/comp/36.htm

Martin Pround!!!!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Thats crazy. I'm going to have to make it one of my goals to beat a compound shooter with a recurve, but first I need to get a recurve.

·
Registered
497 Posts
recurves are so much harder to shoot............i used to do it when i was 8-12 yrs old. after a 16 yr break, i took up compound bow + release shooting (may2006). initially to hunt, but now got hooked on target/FITA. man! it's so much easier, it's so forgiving. i mean.......... even with my bad form/trigger punching/release when vision gets blurry....etc i managed to get a 1321, 2 weeks ago (2nd time shooting FITA comp) with a 33" ata bow. ok, 1321 is nothing worth writing home about......but if that was shot with a recurve........then that's a different story.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you for the pictures and the link. They have beautiful shooting facilities there, especially the covered shooting area. On one, you indicate that they paid for a room to shoot in, how does that work?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
good story, nice pics,

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3drecurve said:
Thank you for the pictures and the link. They have beautiful shooting facilities there, especially the covered shooting area. On one, you indicate that they paid for a room to shoot in, how does that work?
They don't pay for the range.
And, winter time, they shoot inside of the building.
In the first picture you can see many small windows behind of them..
They open the small windows and shot from inside, because cold temp. is so bad for recurve archers' shooting.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
urabus said:
recurves are so much harder to shoot............i used to do it when i was 8-12 yrs old. after a 16 yr break, i took up compound bow + release shooting (may2006). initially to hunt, but now got hooked on target/FITA. man! it's so much easier, it's so forgiving. i mean.......... even with my bad form/trigger punching/release when vision gets blurry....etc i managed to get a 1321, 2 weeks ago (2nd time shooting FITA comp) with a 33" ata bow. ok, 1321 is nothing worth writing home about......but if that was shot with a recurve........then that's a different story.
As I know those three recurve archers best scores are more than 1370/1440 or 1380/1440.....they are too good to be true!!!
Recently I barely made my best 1378 with my compound bow..but it's still hard for me to keep score around 1360..but they easily make score around 1350 or 1360 with recurve bow.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Impressive recurve shooting.A very talented young man.Change out those targets it's easier to see,:wink:
Thanks for the post, it is nice to see what goes on in the rest of the world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts