Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey pple,

I bought this new crossbow: -Compound Man-Kung-Fighter-XB86-Forest-Camo-185-lbs-P18

I have two questions.

I cant post links here, so I attached the picture. can you see it?

20200604_174507.jpg

when I hold the crossbow to the left, and to the right, like moving it left and right, then the small metallic part, direct left from the red dot, the part which is blocking there something I guess. this metalic part is a bit loose, and I can hear it slinging and making noise, when I move the xbow left or right. is that normal?

has this part to be that loose to work? or can I make it tighter that the sound is gone? I guess not or? cause I dont see any screws for it.

is that wobbling part and sound normal? that it wipes left and right a bit in movement?

also the weapons deduction is very loose... it wobbles to the sides, and to the front. I dont like that. that it is so loose.

is that normal? or do I got something broke/defect?

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
Did you buy it new? If you did, take it back and compare it to another new one. That lever forward of the red dot is part of the anti dry fire mechanism and should be free to move for it to work. I have a differeent Man Kung model and it is spring loaded but moves easily, but doesn't flop around. I don't know about your 2nd question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is new. yes. today arrived.

thats why I ask, if that is normal.

If I send it back, I can just buy it from the same seller newly. cause it is the cheapest and only aviable site with that xbow.

so you dont have that flip sound when you move left or right?

and your weapon trigger? is yours also lose?

it moves to the front and to the sides. and feels very loose. but it only is loose, when you have no finger on it. then you can move it around.

but I have read out, that some guns/weapons, have it that way. like that it is loose. so I dont know, if that is normal?

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
Mine is easily moved but does not move on its own.

I am not familiar with your term "weapon deduction" so I can't speak to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah sorry. maybe I translated it bad with google? I mean the weapon trigger. where you put your finger on when shooting. you also have one. how is yours? is yours loose too?

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
No, the trigger is not loose enough to move on its own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and when you move it with your finger?

beucause I am comparing it, with my old gas pistol. 9mm beretta. and this one has an really hard trigger. there is nothing wobbling...

·
Crossbow Nut
715 Posts
Man Kung triggers typically pull 7 to 8 pounds before firing and are noted to have a long creep.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Is this the part that you are describing that is loose?

ADF.jpg

That is the Cocking Preparation Switch which effectively is an ADF by-pass. It normally is spring loaded so if it moves freely, it's broken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they said to me that it is normal, that it has just a very little bit of room. to the left and right. it is not much. I bought another man kung now, the KRAKEN XB58, and it also has it like that. so seems to be normal for their models... I also wonder. but...

·
Registered
11 Posts
just curious because i have not seen a pic, but have you cocked the bow to see if it stopped moving. Picture shows like it would be connected to jaw to grab serving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts