Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a joke (not joking about real disorders, that is some serious stuff!) but I feel as though I always need to buy, buy buy new or new to me bows because it will be better than the last one....

For example, I just picked up a 2016 Prime Rize (sweet bow) but now my head is dead set on picking up a used elite bow.... Is it because I haven't found THE bow? Or is this just natural lol.

But seriously, how do you guys deal with always wanting a new/different bow?:BangHead:

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
I was buying new bows (2-3 new per year) since 2006 till 2014/15 but now I stopped buy bows and moved onto broadheads cheaper but still a problem I have gave up one for a cheaper problem lol

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

I don't think that's a real disorder and I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with you either well…maybe a little.

I often think I should get away from AT for awhile so that I don't know what bows are available.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I just keep the rules simple for myself. I limit myself to having 2-3 bows at one time and only buy 1 new one a year. Other than the new bow buying used and selling for another used one usually doesn't result in much money lost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In the photography forums they call this GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

I'm looking at getting a new bow now, my current one is a 2012, and I finally figured out what aspects of it I like and what aspects of it I want to change. I'm looking for a bow that fixes the dislikes, and retains the likes :p

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same thing! Except I don't have the cash to spend so I just window shop constantly and occaisionally buy a dozen arrows or new release or something that dosent kill my wallet too bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I always have to custom order mine - in 40# max weight if its even available that low - and that almost totally obliterates my compulsive bow buying. I have to go all the way down to our shop, put the order in, wait 2 months, etc. And none of the bows I'd like to try are ever available in low poundage in the classifieds so I rarely even window shop there.

I can't even shoot the shop bows because there are literally none on the racks in reasonable poundages, never below 60#.

So because I virtually always have to buy new and custom order, I choose pretty carefully and then tend to hang on to them until the bitter end. Either worn out, stolen or I made a mistake and can't fit myself to them.....

DM

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in a similar boat as some of the above individuals... have very little money due to tution but constantly want a bow. The feeling sucks when you find that bow that you've been wanting then can't buy it or atleast shouldn't buy it lol

Working at a bow shop doesn't help either!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I do now I but one then, go buy new broadheads then ending up looking at a new bow. Then got make a excuse to wife why this one is better then the other lol... Lost my jobs so now I can't buy a new bow. Soon as I catch back up on bills I plan on buying the elite impulse or the energy lol or the synergy not sure one of then tho. Then a hoyt

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do now I but one then, go buy new broadheads then ending up looking at a new bow. Then got make a excuse to wife why this one is better then the other lol... Lost my jobs so now I can't buy a new bow. Soon as I catch back up on bills I plan on buying the elite impulse or the energy lol or the synergy not sure one of then tho. Then a hoyt

Im in the same boat but can't make up my mind... synergy or energy????????

·
Registered
6,553 Posts

I don't think that's a real disorder and I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with you either well…maybe a little.

I often think I should get away from AT for awhile so that I don't know what bows are available.
Isn't that picture the truth lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same happens here...every year some part of my brain thinks that "that-new-awesome-ultrasmooth-megapowerfull (and expensive) bow" is gonna make me hit in the bullseye every shoot.

Fortunately other part of my brain (the one that rules) tells me that it is me, not the bow who does not hit. So I own a couple of bows (compound and recurve) and everytime I wanna change one of them I must sell one of the old ones. Not too bad for the wallet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi man, I totally understand. No worry, you'll stop when your bank account is empty. On the other hand, bows are much cheaper than other things like cameras. Plus it's a healthy activity. No worry.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,140 Posts
You have a sickness.......as do most of us here.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have a wife who is the cure to CBBD... but i have a PLAN! Buy her an awesome bow so she can shoot with me then i can resume my CBBD..

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I usually buy 2-3 new bows a year and it did get expensive. So I got rid of the wife and now life is good!

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
Had this with trad gear a few years ago, bought 1 then bought like 4 more that summer. Realized I need to sell some off. Ended up buying a new one last week though.

I'm set for compounds and now set for trad bows. I'm a peace for now

Airguns is a problem as well though, seems like the itch to buy is always there.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts