Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have already been posted, but I couldn't find it.

100% confirmed. Photos were taken approx. 15 miles from my hunting ground. Heard about sighting for years and years, no one ever have any proof. Apparently this guy had seen him several times and the DNR looked in to it just to shut him up. Once there, they found tons of evidence that sparked their interest...One was a trashed deer that had been covered by leaves.

This area is about 20 miles SW of Bloomington...

http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1633061.html

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2010/05/07/outdoors.qp-4421270.sto

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here kitty kitty kitty

·
Registered
576 Posts
They are spreading bigtime. Several verified accounts with pics in MN the last couple of years.

I think it's great.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I liked this!

* Do not approach a mountain lion. Give it a way to escape.

* Do not run from a mountain lion. Instead, stand and face the animal. Make eye contact.

* Do not crouch or bend over. Do all you can to appear larger. Raise your arms, open your jacket or shirt. Wave your arms slowly and speak firmly in a loud voice.

* Hold children and pets near you. So they willl be eatin first.....lol

* Fight back if attacked using big sticks, stones, or any other available items. (this never crossed my mind..da)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Shoot it...don't tell anyone...

Man is part of natural selection too...

We developed the guns...when the wolves and cougars discover the means of production and application of gunpowder they can make the rules...

until then...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Get a fox pro or some kinda call. They are tasty. A guy I worked with shot one a couple years back. He called his in. 120# tom. Call it before someone else tries and lessens your chances.

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I would never shoot a mountain lion or a wolf in Illinois..................and tell any of you guys about it. :angel:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts