Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,I have a golden key TKO arrow rest that is a drop away.My question is this, should I have the cock feather up or down?Becuse at the my pro shop it is very very conflicting.HELP HELP!!!! Any suggestions would be grateful

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I always shoot drop aways with cock vane up, but you need to look down the arrow path to and rotate the nock to get your best vane clearance according to were your prongs are at in the down position. I may have had to shoot the TKO with cock vane down for best clearance, but I can't remember.

Do a powder test and it really won't matter as long as you are not getting any contact.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got one on one of my bows and it's set up with the cock vane up.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
scottbrightman1 said:
Hello everyone,I have a golden key TKO arrow rest that is a drop away.My question is this, should I have the cock feather up or down?Becuse at the my pro shop it is very very conflicting.HELP HELP!!!! Any suggestions would be grateful
I shoot mine with cockvane up. I was having problems once not clearing the right launcher, GK told me to shoot cock down, I didn't want to. Will broadhead tune my bow this weekend after I get the new strings on and let you know more. There is a tension setting that I've messed with before and my pro shop also told me to scrap the bungee cord and go with a regular non-stretchy cord. I did the lipstick test on my fletching cause my launchers are white, so powder wouldn't work.

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,063 Posts
well not confuse ya but.....

I shoot my TKO cock feather out Like a regular type rest. I tried it cock up :sad: my the freather hit the buss cable. I had to play with it till I got just right. The best way is to use foot powder and shoot the arrow. I love the rest, TKO are solid rest!
Koz

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Doesn't matter with mine. I tested before huntin' to make sure that I could do either without negative affects.:)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I can nock em cock vane up,down,sideways it shoots bullet holes! Sean.

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
The idea of a fallaway is to get positive and absolute fletching clearance.

With this reasoning in mind, WHY would a person put the cock vane DOWN and thereby increase the "chances" of fletching contact by 3/3" to 5/8" depending upon the profile of the cock fletch? By putting that cock fletch DOWN, in essence, that is exactly what you are doing....

Doesn't make sense....PLUS you also increase the likelihood of that fletch contacting the support arm as well.....

But by placing the cock vane UP....you reduce/minimize that possibility.

field14

1 - 10 of 10 Posts