Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you know Paul Donahoo of Washington, PA, but I'd like to tell you a little bit about him. Paul is very close to or if not already 70 years young. Says he doesn't feel old, so he shoots with the adults rather than senior or Master senior. Paul blew out his shoulder some years back and had to learn to shoot left handed. He once told me a few years back, he was having some trouble with his follow thu, but he figured if he worked on it for a couple of years, he could get it down. That's just the kind of guy he is and the attitude he has about everything... This past weekend, Paulie won the Adult limited Freestyle at Louisville with back to back 300's. He's definitely an inspiration to me and I have nothing but admiration and respect for him...

·
M4L
2,152 Posts
Gus Paul is a an inspiration to all of us and I congradulate him on his shooting

·
Registered
957 Posts
Congrats to paul, I do not know him but I wish I did. I am bless by knowing 2 others of that eara Larry Wirrel and Bob Walker who are both finger shooters and great guys to know and still shoot well. To shoot a 300 w/ finger at that age is impressive to say the least. I do not know what was in the water for the people born arround that aera but I wish I had some to drink. CONGRATZ

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't know how many of you know Paul Donahoo of Washington, PA, but I'd like to tell you a little bit about him. Paul is very close to or if not already 70 years young. Says he doesn't feel old, so he shoots with the adults rather than senior or Master senior. Paul blew out his shoulder some years back and had to learn to shoot left handed. He once told me a few years back, he was having some trouble with his follow thu, but he figured if he worked on it for a couple of years, he could get it down. That's just the kind of guy he is and the attitude he has about everything... This past weekend, Paulie won the Adult limited Freestyle at Louisville with back to back 300's. He's definitely an inspiration to me and I have nothing but admiration and respect for him...
WTH I was telling some of my coworkers about this guy and went to look it up on NFAA website. He did not shoot this year and he came in second last year with a combind total of 599 which is no slouch but can you clearify what is that you posted so incase I missunderstood.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
For an old fingers shooter, those two scores are very impressive. Congradulations Paul!

Stay down in the adult class and leave your peers alone.

Fingers are making a come back.
Frank

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have known it would be a mistake to sell both of my Barneys and all my rests, plunger, clickers and tabs. Those scores are impressive for a young finger shooter.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I have had the pleasure of shooting with Paul several times and I can tell you I mean it when I say it was a pleasure. He is a wonderful chap. The first time I shot with him he was telling me that he always wondered if you could shoot a lizard tongue with a clicker and so he said I just had to give it a try. I thought he was nuts until I saw him shoot with it. he certainly wooped my score :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Paul also got 2nd in the Freestyle Limited Flights at Vegas.

Very impressive shooting
I'll echo the sentiment congratulations Paul!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paulie had it right up till the end. I thought he was going to win that one for sure.

·
Registered
957 Posts
nfaaindoornational.com/results/

Try looking here. Trust me on this one. Paulie has been close a couple of times, but he did it this year.
I am sorry when I checked it I did not find his name but as you say it is right there for all to see congratz to paul. I am truely inspired at 52 I have something to shoot for. He is very blessed I know a number of good shooters that can not post those kinds of scores anymore.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hell yeah pauly D! I'm riding in his truck with him as I read this on are way to shoot league. Pauly is my favorite person I've ever shot with. A true ambassador to the sport. He is 100% archery, 100% class act ! Congrats to Pauly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts