Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's up with this guy we shoot with who always seems to have to shoot realllllly close to the connector line between the ibo 11 and the asa 12. Now we shoot asa rules, why can't he just go ahead and shoot a good 12 if he really wants one.

I'm thinking he's shooting there just to see how we will call it, which is usually out but I don't know, maybe I'm getting worked up for nothing, after all we're not shooting at round 12 rings anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Connector Line

Most people call that the PRO side of the 12. You have more room for error when you shoot at the connector line.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I sure wish I was good enough to say, " I'm gona make them think about this call "! I've always understood it that the connecting line was treated the same as the rest of the 12 ring. Either it is touching or not. But I do understand that some calls can be really tough to make.:slice:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Its the same score at the connector as the center of the twelve but it sure gives you some room for judging errors! If he can shoot good enough to hit the connector everytime be glad he isn't shooting at the 14 everytime!!!:):):):):)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I always aim at the connector! Maybe because if I miss, it's usually a little low!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I hold on the connector area most of the time so I have more room for error on judging yardage. If the target is under 35 yards I hold on the center of the 12. The connector line is a part of the 12 so it is scored the same as if you hit dead center of it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It makes me mad that I can't get a 23 for hitting the connector.:teeth:

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I know who your talking about,Randy and he has always shot in that same spot .The connector line ,old school the good side of the 12.When he's on there will be a lot of close calls.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,689 Posts
It makes me mad that I can't get a 23 for hitting the connector.:teeth:
??? 10 + 12 = 22. Bounce point for hitting the connector, so 23?

Anyway, great idea! Let's get with the ASA for a new scoring rule.

·
74,535 Posts
Connector line

So what's up with this guy we shoot with who always seems to have to shoot realllllly close to the connector line between the ibo 11 and the asa 12. Now we shoot asa rules, why can't he just go ahead and shoot a good 12 if he really wants one.

I'm thinking he's shooting there just to see how we will call it, which is usually out but I don't know, maybe I'm getting worked up for nothing, after all we're not shooting at round 12 rings anyway.
I happen to aim at the connector line 80% of the time.

Never seen this promblem of calling the arrow. Its touching the line or it is not.

I shoot there because Im not as good as you:D
DB

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know who your talking about,Randy and he has always shot in that same spot .The connector line ,old school the good side of the 12.When he's on there will be a lot of close calls.
Ahh you finally saw this thread, yeah I think Randy is just being hard on us making us make difficult call. ;)

Anyway, greetings from Rome, the Pope says Hi.. If we have any more volcano eruptions we might not be back in time for Ky.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Tell the Pope we said Hi .Have a safe flight home ,and have some fun while your over there .

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Ahh you finally saw this thread, yeah I think Randy is just being hard on us making us make difficult call. ;)

Anyway, greetings from Rome, the Pope says Hi.. If we have any more volcano eruptions we might not be back in time for Ky.
Yea, Randy did that some to us the other day at T.O.
Some targets I'm just glad to get the "connector line" that connects the target to the atmosphere.
Enjoy the trip and ask John about his change in classes for KY.:D

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Bob class has ben changed ,I made that call first thing this morning .I'll tell Nick when he get's home .I just got back in from shooting the GT 500 ,you never know what bow I'll be shooting in KY.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bob class has ben changed ,I made that call first thing this morning .I'll tell Nick when he get's home .I just got back in from shooting the GT 500 ,you never know what bow I'll be shooting in KY.
Shoot you'll probably have two or three other bows before I get back...

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I might even shoot my reezen ,you never know .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts