Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the conquest 4 as a new indoor bow and would like to hear your likes and dislikes if you have or do shoot one. I currently shoot a Conquest Apex indoors and if you have shot both I would also like to hear you compare the two. FYI, I have a 27" DL and like to shoot between 52 and 54lbs on spots, I'm considering the C4 with the minimax cam. Thanks for your input!

·
74,535 Posts
Best Mathews tournament bow today

Minimax is a great cam.

Most the top guns shoot this bow for good reasons.

I shoot the Apex7 but often wonder why I dont shoot the C4:confused:

Excellant choice.
DB

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Lov2shoot, I have both an Apex and a C4. I shot the C4 all this indoor season and it is a shooter. It is a lot lighter than the Apex and seems to be kinda top heavy. At least that is what it feels like to me. I had to use a side bar on it to balance it out the way I wanted it. The thing really shoots good outdoors. I used it last summer shooting 70 and 90 meters and that thing was a tack driver.

Now, I am not saying the C4 is a better shooter than the Apex. The Apex has a taller brace height and obviously a deflex riser. Now that indoor season is over I am going to do a good side-by-side comparison between the Apex and C4 both indoor and out. I have a funny feeling I may end up with the Apex for indoor and the C4 for FITA, field, and 3-D. Both are great bows, but for spots the Apex might be a bit more forgiving.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I have an Apex and a Con3 which is basically the same as a Con4 other than the grip area I believe.

I shoot the Apex indoors and I really like how it shoots. I like that it is heavy and I make it heavier. :)

I shot the Con3 indoors 2 years before the Apex and it shoots just as good to me, but now I shoot my Con3 bows outside and sometimes inside with skinny arrows. I put a lot of weight on the Con3 to make it heavy like I want.

I have shot the Apex outdoors at the Big Sky Open and it shot well in the wind.

I have shot a Con4 and really like it too, but the Con3 was cheaper and almost identical to me. It rocks for field and 3D.

I have a 27 inch draw length too. Definitely go with the Mini Max cam.

If I could only have one bow for indoors and outdoors, it would be the Con3/4.

I don't have to so I have the Apex for indoors. :) They both shoot good for me, I can't say I shoot one better than the other.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Now, I am not saying the C4 is a better shooter than the Apex. The Apex has a taller brace height and obviously a deflex riser. Now that indoor season is over I am going to do a good side-by-side comparison between the Apex and C4 both indoor and out. I have a funny feeling I may end up with the Apex for indoor and the C4 for FITA, field, and 3-D. Both are great bows, but for spots the Apex might be a bit more forgiving.

That is what I ended up doing.

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,391 Posts
Great bow. I shot my first 30X Vegas with it and my draw is 27.5 with a loop under this bow is very hard to beat. Mini's all the way. My setup was 54# and a 29"2413 with 180gr. in the nose.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C4

Thanks for all the info!! I will keep my Apex no matter what as I have it tuned pretty well and I seem to shoot it well. I have a prestige I shoot for 3d. I'm leaning toward the c4 for next year indoors. I really like the minimax cam!!! I guess now the question is what color?? I hope they offer more options next year!!

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Conquest 4

One of the best if not the best bow I have ever owned. I love the draw cycle and wall of the mini max cam and the bow holds like a rock on target.
The Apex is also a great bow but too heavy for my taste. At 27" draw I think you would like the Conquest 4 better because of the string angle. Either way you will wind up with a great bow.
Jbird

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
...OK fellas I have to jump in and ask if I am a 30.5" DL what do you think would be better? Conquest Apex7, Conquest Apex, or the Conquest 4? ...for Indoor target and 3D. ....and I do not want to take over this thread. :wink:

·
Lefty Shooter
1,495 Posts
The C4 is a great bow. I have an A7 but got the C4 because of the success I had with the C3. I shoot the Minimax 27.5" and get plenty of speed to shoot this bow for 3-D. I would recommend the Minimax over the max cam. It has a more solid wall and is faster. The only draw back is that you lose draw weight with the Minimax. My bow is a 70 lber and it came from the factory at 67 lbs. After I got the WC strings on it and put it in spec. it was at 66 lbs., which is better that they will tell you that you can expect. You want be disappointed with this bow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went from an A7 to the C4 and while it shot nice and it's mass weight suited me better I wasn't happy with the wall on the Max Cam(too spongy). I wish at 29"DL I had gone with the Mini Max as I only here good things about them.
Anyway I just went back to the A7 and love it.
For longer DL's(29+") I think the Apex and A7 are better bows than the C4 IMO.
:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see the advantage to the extra BH the apex offers for longer draw shooters. I'm not sure it's as much of an issue for those of us with short stubby arms. If I had a 30" or longer DL the Apex would be the bow hands down. I like my Apex now, wish it was a bit lighter so I could add the weight where I want. The perfect bow to me would be a lighter Apex with a minimax cam. I've shot the Apex for two seasions and I'll give the C4 a go just based on the good things I've heard and the former success of the C3.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
...OK fellas I have to jump in and ask if I am a 30.5" DL what do you think would be better? Conquest Apex7, Conquest Apex, or the Conquest 4? ...for Indoor target and 3D. ....and I do not want to take over this thread. :wink:
The A7 only goes to a 30" DL, the C4 and the Apex has the same speed rating. If you are going to shoot 3-D the C4 has the advantage being that it is lighter. Both are great shooters. If I had to pick just one it would probably be the C4.

BTW, I have a 31.25" DL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.