Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have BOTH bows, and if so, can you give me an opinion/comments/comparision between them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
excellent choice either way......

I have owned the Apex 7 and I now have a Pro Elite. They are both good bows, I have just always been partial to the grip on the Hoyts. I would shoot both if you have the chance before you make your decision, the only thing about the Pro/Ultra Elites is having to get used to the shoot thru riser, when you manage to do that you will love the Elites.:wink:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've owned an Apex 7 and two Conquest 3's. I've recently started buying Hoyt bows for something different. I could never find a grip I liked for any Mathews bow, and I thought I liked the Apex grip until I started shooting a Hoyt. I have an Ultra Elite and a 38 Ultra and I can't think of one thing I like better about a Mathews.

I do still have an LX and will always keep that bow to hunt with. It is however, a backup for my Vectrix XL.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I went from an Apex to a ProElite. They are both tack drivers. The main difference for me was weight. The Apex is a heavier bow. It comes down to a personal thing. I like the Apex grip and feel of the solid wall over the Proelite cam /half. I like the Proelite because it is a bit lighter and I can add weight where I want.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've owned both the ProElite and the Apex. I really liked both bows. I like the grip on the Hoyt and the solid wall on the Apex. I ended up selling the Hoyt and kept the Apex for spot shooting. Both are great bows!

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
I have some experiance with the Apex, but not much. It did not take me long to pick the Ultra Elite over the Apex. The feel, and speed of the C2 cams can't be beat, uless you have spirals:wink: The overall fit and feel of my elite is better than the Apex. Shoot them both if you can though, the Apex might be the best feeling/fitting bow for you:tongue:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
From mid 2006 until the early part of 2007 I owned and shot (2) Pro-Elites. The cam and 1/2 never felt as solid as I had wished and I constantly had balance issues. Early 2007 a friend (Bowman78) loaned me an Apex, a day later I was sold. I now own (2) Apexs and an A7. Since the switch I have been shooting some of the best scores I've ever shot - with ease!

The weight, feel and balance of each bow is entirely different. Both are high end and are winning many tournaments, I'd recommend trying each first, one is bound to suit you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
ive owned and sold a pro elite, just because of the spongeyness of the wall, its really hard for me to balance, i ended up with a conquest 4 and i havent looked back yet

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I had a ProElite with XT 3000 limbs, and an Apex...I found the ProElite more forgiving, quieter, and I liked the grip alot...The Apex was faster, heavier feeling, and louder, and I couldnt get the consistancy on the grip that I needed....The draw cycle, and wall was better on the Apex, and at the same draw length, and weight, the Apex was smoother, and felt lighter...Both were great bows, and well made...If I were to get either one of them back, I'd probably take the ProElite, and put Spiral cams, or C2 cams on it...Shoot them both, and see which one fits the best for Your needs...Both are great bows...Harperman

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input. I'm playing w/my dealer's Conquest 3 and am comparing it to a Ultra Elite/cam.5/XT2000 limbs, both are 60# and DL w/in 1/4" of what I shoot. TOTALLY different feeling bows! I'd really like to play w/an Elite w/XT3000/3500 limbs, but that'll be hard to do.

·
Strive for perfection....
9,330 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'm playing w/my dealer's Conquest 3 and am comparing it to a Ultra Elite/cam.5/XT2000 limbs, both are 60# and DL w/in 1/4" of what I shoot. TOTALLY different feeling bows! I'd really like to play w/an Elite w/XT3000/3500 limbs, but that'll be hard to do.
Skip the Conquest III and get an Apex.....totally different bow!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer doesn't have an Apex. I might be headin' to Sacramento in a few weeks and maybe I can find a dealer w/an Apex and an Elite w/XT3000 limbs.

·
Strive for perfection....
9,330 Posts
My dealer doesn't have an Apex. I might be headin' to Sacramento in a few weeks and maybe I can find a dealer w/an Apex and an Elite w/XT3000 limbs.
I'm sute the Hoyt with XT3000 limbs would be a shooter too, I know my 28.5" draw Apex will shoot in the mid 290's IBO. I just sold an older Protec with XT3000 limbs and spiral cams, at 29" it shot in the low 290's. My reason for switching was the Apex was smoother....from draw to the shot (my Hoyt had spirals though). Good luck, either way....I'm sure you'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I just put xt3000's on my Ultraelite and it took me about one practice session to take them off and go back to the xt2000's. That is just me. You may love them. Good luck, you wont make a bad choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts