Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know your local CO's? I don't know any of the guys where I hunt and I was thinking today that it might be a good idea to meet them. I wonder if I should drop them an email, call, or just drop in. I've never really needed to call one in the past but after watching what happened to a local guy that shot a 200'' plus last year I'm thinking it would be nice to already have a relationship with the local CO. I did program their number in my cell phone.

·
11,949 Posts
What happened to the local guy? I don't know any in my area, but when I have been checked they have always been very nice and courtious (sp?).

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have talked to ours from time to time.........Their are allot of people around that think he's a (edit)I haven't had any issues with him. He has always been nice to me! It's not a bad idea to talk to yours if possible......I have our COs cell number on my cell phone just in case!

**Mod Warning - Vulgar language is not appropiate for this forum (joelc)**

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I would get to know them if nothing else to know the ones to avoid and the ones to appreciate....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the father of the boy that shot the deer. He checked it in himself without the boy and the rumors started flying. People said it was his second buck, he was trespassing, poached, etc.. When all was said and done this Morgantown, IN buck was perfectly legal. If I shot one like this I'm sitting right there with it and calling the CO.

802World_Record_Deer.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts