Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin to the age where I need a little vision correction. Do contacts mess with your ability to look through the peep/sight/target? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Worn contacts for 10 years, bowhunted for 4 years, and have NEVER had a problem. T

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
No once you get your contacts in, its like your not even wearing them. great vision all around and of course no problems with bowhunting. The only negative it that Im not always in the mood to stick em in my eyes at 4 AM for a hunt cause my eyes are tired. but its not bad- no pain and perfect vision.

·
Living The Dream
3,796 Posts
I never have had a problem with contacts in any of the weather WI has to offer!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Nope, might take some getting used to at first, but I've been wearing them for 16 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
No problems!

I have had no problems shooting with contacts. I did talk with the doc about shooting and using a peep and he suggested getting a step up in the strength of the prescription. He said that with one eye closed the open eye needs a stronger correction compared to having both eyes open. He also explained that a smaller peep will also help to clarify the target. I have tried shooting with my normal prescription and with the stronger contact and I can say that it does help to have the stronger contact.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread but since we are on the subject are they expensive. I don't know if I can even wear them but would like to try them.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
not bad

I buy the two week disposable contact and they are not too expensive. I think they are about 9-10 dollars a pair and they come in boxes that contain 3 pairs. I usually wear them for 3 weeks each. The exam will cost the most

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I love mine.

The only problem that I have ran across is that if I have had them in for a long period of time, they tend to want to dry up on you. Aiming with your contact getting fuzzy isn't the best feeling in the world but I don't worry about too often. Only happens on those really long days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am using the Accuview Oasis contact lens and love them. My old contacts used to pop out when shooting my 7mm Mag (even had one pop out while shooting an Elk), I have had no pop out problems with the Oasis.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Contacts and shooting

I have worn soft toric contacts for 15 years with no problems. That includes outdoors in the wind, golf course, bow shoots, etc. I shoot a 3/16" peep on my bows, and lots of rifle's with hi-powered optics. Never a problem. I wear them for 12-14 hours a day, then need to get them out of my eyes.

I cannot shoot with my glasses on...I tried. I plan to get Lasik surgery in a year. My wife is getting it done this February, so I guess I will see how she likes it. She also has an astigmatism in both eyes.

The soft lenses that I use are good for 2-3 months per pair. You know when to swap them out, as they start getting uncomfortable after so long.

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,998 Posts
i have problems with my eyes dring out in cool weather if there is a breeze in my face but if you can weqr them there are the way to go

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Contacts

I dont know your age but without the contacts or glasses my reading or close up vision is fine but when I wear the contacts my pin is blurry and i need reading glasses to read. Overall I would rather wear the contacts and have 20 20 distance vision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts