Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I e mailed them asking what sets their product away from other competitors. and why it is so good. they never emailed me back . i sent them this message like 4 days ago or something they never emailed me back. is there someone that is a member here that works for them that could maybe help me out.thanks.

· Registered
34,432 Posts
B-Stinger is a ONE man show.....he can't get to everything as fast as always expeceted at times :wink:

Send Blair a PM if you can't get him....RI Max....or call him. :smile:

What sets them apart....they do what a stab is SUPOSSED to do....stabilize your shot :wink:

http://stores.b-stinger.com/Page.bok?template=WhyItWorks

· Registered
2,616 Posts
Nope, I assisted him. Here is the private message I just sent him. This may influence or help out others as well, so I might as well post it here!

"Extra length will NEVER affect your PERFORMANCE in a negative way. The more length, the more physics comes into play and the more leverage you will get out of the stabilizer. The farther out you have the weight distributed from your bow, the more steady your bow will hold. What the B Stinger does is makes your bow resist all motion at the moment of truth right in that split second when you pull the trigger on your release. If the bow torques then that could affect your point of impact, and the B Stinger RESISTS that torque of the bow when it shoots because of the way it was designed and the science behind it.

Like I said a minute ago the LONGER and HEAVIER your stabilizer, the "better" it will be. However sometimes people feel "too much weight" and that is when you back it down one noch. You want the heaviest you can possible get it while being COMFORTABLE for a whole day of 3D shooting or a 3 minute hold on the big whitetail/elk. That is why I use a 14 oz weight on mine.

More about the physics, take this as an example. A 8.5" B Stinger with a 14 oz weight will not work as well as a 12" B Stinger with a 11 oz weight. You must remember though, if you are getting a quick disconnect, remember to be hunter class legal the longest your stabilizer can be is 12". If you are NOT interested in shooting this class for 3D, then the quick disconnect will work great and further distribute the weight from your bow, thus increasing accuracy and performance. If you DO want to shoot in these classes, contace Blair from B Stinger and tell him you want him to make you a custom one that is 10.5" or however long you need it to be so with the quick disconnect the length does not exceed 12"

Like I said, the longer and heavier before it is too uncomfortable for you is the best you can actually get it to be. Personally, I shoot in the hunter class so I use a 12" 14 oz for my set up for 3D. and then for hunting I use a 8.5" with a quick disconnect so it is really about 10.5" with a 14 oz weight. 12" should never get in your way for hunting, it is just something personal for me. Anymore question I will love to help! Good luck! :thumbs_up "

· Registered
34,432 Posts
Nope, I assisted him. Here is the private message I just sent him. This may influence or help out others as well, so I might as well post it here!
You may be able to help....but you aren't at B-Stinger....so you can't help answer the phone and e-mails :wink:

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
"Extra length will NEVER affect your PERFORMANCE in a negative way."
Ok, I have a question. I just got my B-stinger today......I got the 8.5" 11oz. I put it on my bow and went back to 40 yards to shoot with one arrow. I didn't see a huge difference in how the bow holds at full draw, but the arrow was low and to the right. So, I got two more arrows and shot all three from 40. All were low and right. I did this three separate times with similar results each time. So, I took the B-stinger off and shot without any stabilizer to see if I would hit where the bow was sighted before. Sure enough all three arrows were in the 3.5" circle. Put the B-stinger back on, and all three were 4" low and 1.5" right of center.

So, does changing to a longer heavier stabilizer change your point of impact? Or I guess I should say.....should it change the impact?

· Registered
34,432 Posts
Ok, I have a question. I just got my B-stinger today......I got the 8.5" 11oz. I put it on my bow and went back to 40 yards to shoot with one arrow. I didn't see a huge difference in how the bow holds at full draw, but the arrow was low and to the right. So, I got two more arrows and shot all three from 40. All were low and right. I did this three separate times with similar results each time. So, I took the B-stinger off and shot without any stabilizer to see if I would hit where the bow was sighted before. Sure enough all three arrows were in the 3.5" circle. Put the B-stinger back on, and all three were 4" low and 1.5" right of center.

So, does changing to a longer heavier stabilizer change your point of impact? Or I guess I should say.....should it change the impact?
Yes....

Changing the angle of a side rod can change your impact point....

· Registered
2,616 Posts

This is possible, yes. Where the B Stinger is MAKING your arrow hit is where it SHOULD be hitting. If you watch these videos,

http://stores.homestead.com/bstinger/Page.bok?template=VideoClips

Then your bow COULD be acting like the bow in the first video to some extent. The B Stinger could be fixing any movement issues and torque upon release of the arrow. Make sense?

· Registered
2,616 Posts
anyone ever tried to put a doinker between the stinger and the riser?
DO NOT ever do this. The way the B Stinger works will be affected by having a piece that is able to move to some extent. A rubber piece completely changes the purpose of this stabilizer. There should be NO FLEX in the stabilizer what so ever when you release the arrow. The B Stinger resists movement at this point in time, and this can be reversed with a flexible piece. It IS okay to a bowjax on the OUTSIDE of the B Stinger. :thumbs_up

· Registered
3,350 Posts

Either you were inducing torque before adding the Stinger or the bow was kicking back at the shot. now that it is not bringing the top limbback towardyou the shots would result in a low hit.

I have tried to induce torque in my 12" 17 oz and you really have to want to induce it to get the bow to move left or right.

· Registered
3,350 Posts
DO NOT ever do this. The way the B Stinger works will be affected by having a piece that is able to move to some extent. A rubber piece completely changes the purpose of this stabilizer. There should be NO FLEX in the stabilizer what so ever when you release the arrow. The B Stinger resists movement at this point in time, and this can be reversed with a flexible piece. It IS okay to a bowjax on the OUTSIDE of the B Stinger. :thumbs_up
exactly, well said.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
This is possible, yes. Where the B Stinger is MAKING your arrow hit is where it SHOULD be hitting.
The arrows are 2" low at 20 yards and 4" low at 40, so I assume they'll be 6" low at 60. It's snowing a bit today, so I won't be able to set up my target at 60, but I'll try sometime this week. Is it possible that as soon as I release the arrow, the extra weight out front is causing the bow to fall forward, thereby causing the lower impact? I'm going to have to do some experimenting with both bows. I don't like hitting low.

· Registered
511 Posts
Call Blair, he will call you back in a short period of time, he did w/ me. I just ordered a B-Stinger this week, got it yesterday, and shot it today. I had read Brown Hornet's praises of the B-Stinger so I thought I would help to stimulate the economy. My best score at 5 spot was a 295 w/ 32x. Today after a 2 dozen arrow warm-up I shot a 298 w/ 35x. That is significant to me. (this is the first year I have shot 5 spot & I'm 49 yrs old). My B-Stinger is 12" matte black w/ a 14 oz. weight. I can't wait 'til my next session.:thumbs_up I really liked my Posten.

· Archery Addict
5,688 Posts
The arrows are 2" low at 20 yards and 4" low at 40, so I assume they'll be 6" low at 60. It's snowing a bit today, so I won't be able to set up my target at 60, but I'll try sometime this week. Is it possible that as soon as I release the arrow, the extra weight out front is causing the bow to fall forward, thereby causing the lower impact? I'm going to have to do some experimenting with both bows. I don't like hitting low.
I just spoke with Blair 2 days ago and your bow is doing exactlly what it is supposed to be doing now.He told me that when i get mine and put it on that i may have to adjust my sight cause i may be hitting low and that is PERFECTLY natural!

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I just spoke with Blair 2 days ago and your bow is doing exactlly what it is supposed to be doing now.He told me that when i get mine and put it on that i may have to adjust my sight cause i may be hitting low and that is PERFECTLY natural!
So......what do you do when you run out of sight adjustment to bring it back up? And would a longer/heavier stabilizer make it even worse?

· Registered
2,489 Posts
So......what do you do when you run out of sight adjustment to bring it back up? And would a longer/heavier stabilizer make it even worse?
Only to a point, but don't think of it as worse. It is correcting the shot dynamics and form flaws, you will get to a point that no change is nessesary.

I noticed I needed to change sights alot when I went to the btinger and minimally when I went to the next heavier wt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.