Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the new Contain hunting clothing for early season bow hunting. This stuff just seems too good to be true. It keeps its scent eliminating deodorant forever according to the ad, even after washing, and is significantly lighter weight than carbon suits and cheaper. I just was interested if anyone new if this stuff really works and if it lasts. It is very hot here in early bow season and bugs are a problem, I thought this Contain Cool Max clothing in combination with a mesh bug suit might be my best bet for coolness, camo, and bug deterent. I'm open to suggestions.

· Registered
9,602 Posts
It will definately not hurt.

My personal experience is that I have seen more deer with the use of suprescent garments in conjunction with an appropriate scent control regimine.

If you can afford it, I really think you will benefit.

· Registered
557 Posts
You may be onto a good hot weather clothing system with contain/bug tamer combination. Contain Clothing tells me their clothes were evaluated by North American Hunting Club and received a 10 out of 10 for performance. Cabelas online catalog has an inscription signed by ---- Cabela which states he wore a contain shirt on a hot weather hunt daily for weeks without washing and it was still odor free at the end of the hunt. Bass Pro has Bug Tamer Plus with Contain scent control built into every fiber. Cabelas has Contain Coolmax socks and other under garments with ScentEliminator. Foxsox.com has X-static liner--over--the--calf socks with 60% polypropylene and 19% X-Static nylon. (X-Static is an antimicrobial fabric using silver in the fabric to kill bacteria and eliminate odor). Of these, I think the products made with Contain would have the most durable scent control. I think the Contain might work to minimize your scent as long as the fabric stayed in contact with the skin. I would question it's ability to stop human scent vapor from being emitted into the air, especially from areas of the skin not in direct contact with the fabric. Maybe a quick daily wash then rinse in baking soda solution would solve that possible problem. It would be interesting to see field test results with deer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.