Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was watching a program on the History channel about american presidents. Regarding Theodore Rosevelt (sp?) they said that he was a man of contradictions and that one of the contradictions in his life was that he was a hunter and a conservationist. That's a contradiction? So if your a hunter you don't give a damn about preserving the environment? How can such an irresponsible and ignorant statement get through those responsible for editing the content of a program on the History Channel? This really ticks me off! It's like it's just assumed as common knowledge that a hunter is the opposite of a conservationist. grrrr.....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Get used to it bubba.One day I heard an liberal talk show host talking about The Nug.He said that Ted had killed all kinds of differant species of animals and felt NO GUILT for it.Rosevelt was a big game hunter,and a true conservationist.Do you know the whole Teddy Bear story ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you're saying but the thing is I don't want to get used to it. I want to be outraged and I want other hunters to be outraged as well everytime something like this is said. If we are used to it and just accept it then we've lost. I'm not at all suprised by this sort of thing but it still makes me angry. Think I'll write a letter to the History Channel while I'm still hot... and yes I do know the TR story. IMO, a great president!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts