Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 Hoyt Powertec, 28” drawlength at 65 pounds. I followed Javi’s instructions for timing/syning the cams. It worked very well and the ATA and BH are rught on. My question is that after I adjusted everything the buss cable(yolk) has about 1 twist in 1 inch. The control cable has about 1 twist in 4 inches. It seems that the control cable has very few twists. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
It probably the way it is. I depends on how close the buss and control cables were made to the manufacturer's specifications. I have unfortunely seen a lot of variation. If you feel the bow is shooting fine and is in specifications, don't worry about it.

The cables don't fly through the air or control peep sight rotation. The variation in twisting will not cause any proformance loss.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
DvdNimrod said:
I recently purchased a 2006 Hoyt Powertec, 28” drawlength at 65 pounds. I followed Javi’s instructions for timing/syning the cams. It worked very well and the ATA and BH are rught on. My question is that after I adjusted everything the buss cable(yolk) has about 1 twist in 1 inch. The control cable has about 1 twist in 4 inches. It seems that the control cable has very few twists. Does this sound right?

Don't worry. They will always be that way. The control cable always has less twist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts