Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this for a while and really need some feedback on this blind. I have done the searches and read the reviews but somebody give a couple of good reasons to buy one

Mike

·
Registered Elker
7,715 Posts
Well, I assume you dont own one and that's why you want to buy one.

Not owning something yet is always a good reason to get something :p

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Watch another year on the ground Part 5 should help you to decide! ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a matrix but have yet to use it but I have used the t2 for the lasr 4 years and its great . set up right deer will walk right beside it and won't see you as you reach over pick up you bow aim and shoot

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Oh boy, where to begin! :eek:

There are alot of reasons to be honest. First, the prices have been lowered. Last year a BS5 ran you $420 retail plus if you wanted the roof zipper that was another $25.

Now you can get a matrix with the roof zipper for $400 retail. That is a pretty good reason right there. Saving you almost $50. The matrix is blackbacked. It also has the most visibility of ANY blind on the market from any company.

It also has the best customer service (double bull) and the unconditional lifetime warranty on parts (hubs and framework) It doesnt matter if you buddy drives over the blind, the parts are covered (fabric excluded)

Need I go on? :D

Each wall has an adjustable window that will go from as narrow as 1" to as wide as 23" top to bottom. That is almost two feet on every wall. For those guys out there who like the small oval windows, it also has some of them just in case you decide you dont want to use the big windows.

They also have mesh installed all the way around the blind. You will probly get hundreds of shots thru the mesh before it needs replaced.

They also redesigned the door which I really like. Much easier to get in and out of. The visibility is simply incredible. The double bulls also have the best fabric out of any of the companies. It is a cotton/poly blend so it is quiet and doesnt shine in the sun like alot of the cheaper ones, and dont forget the silent window system! All the others have zippers and velcro for windows. How are you going open one of them without spooking the game?

Here is a picture I took of a fallow deer out of mine when I was on a hog hunt recently. Here is an online video I made explaining the matrix:

http://media.putfile.com/ricks

and you can also check out my website (link below) for more pics and info.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.

rick

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Here is an after picture of me and my first turkey! :thumbs_up

One neat thing about the mesh, if you dont want to use it for turkeys for example all you do is push it up out of the way. If you want to use it for deer you just pull it down. That simple.

They go up and down quick too! I can do mine in 5-6 seconds. No kidding.

rick

·
Registered
266 Posts
I hunted antelope last week out of one for the first time and really liked the blind. We were filming the hunt so the blind had a lot of stuff in it - camera, tripod, bows, packs, two chairs, etc. We had sufficient room to film and shoot. I really liked how adjustable the blind was. Although we did not get a kill on film (lots of rain + waterhole hunting don't mix), you would be hard pressed to find a better setup.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Made in China?

I didnt think it was made in China. I just bought one last weekend.
Had good liuck with it scouting a bean field from the edge of it.

The video that comes with it really really helps you see how usefull it can be.
Tons of room.
I am happy I got one!

Are you sure its made in China?

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Yup!

Ask Rick, he'll tell you when he looks back at this thread.

-ZA206

CityBoy2 said:
Made in China?

I didnt think it was made in China. I just bought one last weekend.
Had good liuck with it scouting a bean field from the edge of it.

The video that comes with it really really helps you see how usefull it can be.
Tons of room.
I am happy I got one!

Are you sure its made in China?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Most of the blinds are now made in China. That is true but they are also making them here as needed.

I can assure you there is no difference in quality. I have inspected alot of them when they switched over and I can tell no difference.

As to the blackbacking, all the matrix's are. Years ago they used to have that as an option and had some models that werent but I am sure they all are now.

rick

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are alot of other ground blinds that are just as good as D/B and alot less expinsive .

I bought two carbon venture ground blinds last year for less than the price of one D/B .

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Because you will end spending the same amount trying to find a blind like the Matrix

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
There are alot of other ground blinds that are just as good as D/B and alot less expinsive
I dont want to start an arguement but that just isnt true. There are alot of other blinds out there that are more expensive but they arent even close in quality.

Bows are different than blinds. There are alot of good quality bows but as far as blinds there is only 1 company that stands out away from the crowd, double bull.

I have used almost every blind out there and the others arent even close. In fact, I will post excerpts that I received from 2 customers in the last week or so. This may shed some light on the disagreement. These are real comments from real people.

I am using a Ameristep Brickhouse TSC in tangle pattern (terriible pattern). It seems like no matter how I set this thing up 80% of the time I get pegged. I attribute it to the shine of the blind, and the noise it makes in the wind. Also I do not like the idea of all the velcro and zipper windows. I like to go in my area undetected. The areas where I hunt I have to go in rather quiet and opening zippers and removing velcro is not an option.
I just wanted to let you know I set up my new T2 I got from you today, WOW is that nice. Everything has been well thought out and the quality is second to none. My wife was even impressed,she does alot of sewing and quilting so she was checking it out. For about the last 4 years I've had a Ameristep outhouse I've used for gun season. Man, I'm telling you that is a piece of crap compared to the double bull and it was always a pain to roll up and get into the case, not so with the T2, what a breeze
rick

·
Registered
264 Posts
450 bucks for a blind that limits mobility...and really isn't necessary to kill turkeys???? I would need a lot of convincing.

I can make a lot of make shift blinds for $450. I sat in the wild and drew on 3 turkeys last year. I don't see a need to spend $450 to turkey hunt.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Its 399.$ Husker.
Its mobile too since you can break it down and set it up elswhere in seconds.
I actually crept up a ridge under it to get a peak over the ridge to scout the deer eating beans. I stood up lifted the top a touch and moved 6 inches forward then sat and watched, rinse and repeat and I was sneaking up on those suckers!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't trying to start a war here ..... I found a dealer here in town and I am going to look at one tomorrow and see what I think however I will probably purchase from Rick (thehairlessone!) on here as he seem to have the best price quoted so far .... Any one else on Matrix ?

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts