Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is the Holiday's and everyone likes to receive "Cookies" but is anyone else bothered by the "Doubleclick" cookie AT puts on your computer when you visit??? I've been having trouble with XP for the past few weeks when I try to open programs with a double click...it only lets me single click then opens an other window to open the program...when I drag my mouse across the desktop it also draws a box that does nothing...when I remove the cookie off my computer everything works again...Any Mods out there that know what this "Doubleclick" cookie is supposed to do???

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Im not a mod, But This is how I solved it when I had it. In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy and click on Advanced in the Privacy stab
Now put a check next to "Override automatic cookie handling"
Set first party cookies to Accept and third party cookies to Block
Also put a check to "Always allow session cookies" OK your way out.
This won't prevent all bad cookies from being installed, but will reduce the amount. You most likely have picked uo some Double Click Cookies..... Which are a pain...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not a mod, But This is how I solved it when I had it. In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy and click on Advanced in the Privacy stab
Now put a check next to "Override automatic cookie handling"
Set first party cookies to Accept and third party cookies to Block
Also put a check to "Always allow session cookies" OK your way out.
This won't prevent all bad cookies from being installed, but will reduce the amount. You most likely have picked uo some Double Click Cookies..... Which are a pain...
Thks....I did that first thing this AM...The Doubleclick cookie really played havic with my xp machine.. it doesnt seem to effect my Vista machine but I use that computer the least...I hate vista...

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
thought this was about me:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts