Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give my opinion of the Cool Hand Luke String stop and suppressor.... I'm a skeptical guy, always thinking everything is a gimmick.. I had the typical and unique Prime bow sound upon release of my arrow...I have a CT3, best bow I've ever owned, in terms of accuracy, noise, and quality. . I read about the Cool Hand Luke on AT, and decided that for the small price he charges, why not try it..

I received it in three days.. I went out and shot ten arrows (with stock string stop), beside my house so I could hear the possible difference. I then immediately replaced my stock stop with the CHL stop...I repeated the ten shot sequence... I immediately noticed a difference... I had My neighbor, not an archer, listen to all twenty shots... I didn't say a word in terms of my opinion until I was done shooting. he explained that the sound upon release with the CHL (the 2nd ten shots) was shorter and muffled, compared to the first ten shots.

I also like the fact that it was custom for my bow... there is zero guessing, to wear to adjust to....

I aslo like the quality and added vibration dampener..all said, a great deal and small investment for the return..

I've purchase other string stops for three times the money, with little improvement.

Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
You nailed it there. I have recommended them to 4-5 people now. Every single one of us saw dramatic improvement. I have a Defiant Turbo and the difference was mind blowing. I also ordered a quick disconnect from him, they have a bowjax built on those too. Fantastic products at a great price.

·
Full Time Novice
7,172 Posts
Just wanted to give my opinion of the Cool Hand Luke String stop and suppressor.... I'm a skeptical guy, always thinking everything is a gimmick.. I had the typical and unique Prime bow sound upon release of my arrow...I have a CT3, best bow I've ever owned, in terms of accuracy, noise, and quality. . I read about the Cool Hand Luke on AT, and decided that for the small price he charges, why not try it..

I received it in three days.. I went out and shot ten arrows (with stock string stop), beside my house so I could hear the possible difference. I then immediately replaced my stock stop with the CHL stop...I repeated the ten shot sequence... I immediately noticed a difference... I had My neighbor, not an archer, listen to all twenty shots... I didn't say a word in terms of my opinion until I was done shooting. he explained that the sound upon release with the CHL (the 2nd ten shots) was shorter and muffled, compared to the first ten shots.

I also like the fact that it was custom for my bow... there is zero guessing, to wear to adjust to....

I aslo like the quality and added vibration dampener..all said, a great deal and small investment for the return..

I've purchase other string stops for three times the money, with little improvement.

Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

thanks
Do you have a stabilizer ? I ordered one Thursday for my CT5 going to see if it makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it there. I have recommended them to 4-5 people now. Every single one of us saw dramatic improvement. I have a Defiant Turbo and the difference was mind blowing. I also ordered a quick disconnect from him, they have a bowjax built on those too. Fantastic products at a great price.
what is a quick disconnect? I havent heard this term with archery gear.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
what is a quick disconnect? I havent heard this term with archery gear.. thanks in advance
I quick disconnect (qd for short) is used to quickly tighten and loosen a front and/or rear stabilizer. Rather than threading the entire stabilizer into your bow, you only need about 1-2 turns to to remove or add it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
He have a website? Info plz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He does have a website but it doesn't have all of his products. He does most of his advertising on here. You'll be way better off searching the forums using his name. Send him a PM on here and get his phone number.

Here is the website, but again, only has his QDs on it. Better off sending him a message for ordering

https://www.coolhandlukeproducts.com/products

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just received mine today, huge difference in the Prime thud. Very happy with this product, it was a custom order and from order date to my door was 7 days!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not Cool Hand Luke, but adding a Limb Saver to the stock string stop quieted down my two Prime Rivals. They were old Limb Savers I'd pulled off an old set of limbs. I cut off the sticky flange, then cored a hole in them with a short section of the appropriate sized aluminum shaft...think it was 18-16...then put the Limb Saver on the string stop rod 1/2" from the riser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts