Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the june edition of Petersons bowhunting magazine I noticed this cool new sight, it looks like it uses the same idea as the anchor sight,but smaller and in the sight. Im not sure if your suppost to use them with a peep or not, but I think it would be a great idea even with a peep to even be more consistant. They are pretty expensive, but I think it would be a gret idea and I might have to try one.

http://iqbowsights.com/

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you can also watch a video of it on bowhuntingmag.com, just click view all videos, and its ATA show with field logic. Also dont forget to keep up with John Dudleys new on target video segments, I think we can learn alot from him

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Thats a great idea! It should be interesting to see how many people use it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It looks like a tiny timberline no peep incorporated to the sight. If you didn't know Timberline archery is out of business.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It seems to be a small anchor sight just incorporated in to the sight. I think it may be a great idea because a lot of people would not use the anchor sight just because of the extra equipment you have to mount to use it and you have to look through it then move to your sight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice incorporation of the anchor sight theory into a regular sight.... but price is outrageous and the sight itself looks like it was cast in cheap plastic..
Call me when its sub $100 , until then I'll use my G5 w/anchor sight.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
It seems to be a small anchor sight just incorporated in to the sight. I think it may be a great idea because a lot of people would not use the anchor sight just because of the extra equipment you have to mount to use it and you have to look through it then move to your sight.
nice incorporation of the anchor sight theory into a regular sight.... but price is outrageous and the sight itself looks like it was cast in cheap plastic..
Call me when its sub $100 , until then I'll use my G5 w/anchor sight.
Yep, it works just like an Anchor Sight. I have the AS, but could not find a place on my bow to get it mounted correctly without it blocking out my sight pins. The only reason I have not returned it for the credit is because it is a GREAT tool and I hope to make a bracket for it that would allow me to use it on my Z7.
And to incorporate this same idea into a sight housing in awesome!
As to the price...well I spent $130.00 for my sight and then another $99.00 for the AS. So the $200.00 price tag for the IQ is NOT out of line. I hoe this idea gets incorporated into ALL sights sometime in the future. I just wish it was available before I bought my sight and AS a few months ago!

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
The other thing to keep in mind is the light on it, it uses a panel that attract light and does not require a 20$ light. Figure that in the cost as well. I don't think it is that unreasonable of a price. I plan on getting one in to see if it is something I want to stock a few of for those in Maine close to me.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I clicked on the website link and looked at it and it appears to be a good idea but if it is not adjustable, it might have you anchoring in a place much different than what you are used to. I didn't read where it gave you the ability to adjust it to your anchor.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It looks like a good idea for target shooting on flat ground but I wonder about uphill or downhill shots

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I clicked on the website link and looked at it and it appears to be a good idea but if it is not adjustable, it might have you anchoring in a place much different than what you are used to. I didn't read where it gave you the ability to adjust it to your anchor.
Agreed.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
it is adjustable. I was told that the retina lock is moveable via adjustment screws by the top back of the sight.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It reminds me of the Cobra Sidewinder Micro Adjust sights without any hash marks to adjust the windage, and elevation. If there are any, they can't be seen in the pic, and that is a big deal if you ask me.

I've always loved the No Peep, and think that incorporating it into a sight is brilliant, unless you like one pin , slider sights.

I agree that it looks cheaply made, with a high price tag, but good luck to them, it's a great idea.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts