Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but this cool weather hitting the mid west has got me ready to go. It feels like the mid on Nov and we haven't even begun yet. Heck if it keeps like this, the rut will be here next week!!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah its supposed to be 46 tonight!!! I'm itchin' like a flea infested dog to get out in those woods! I can't freakin wait!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
38 degrees tonight, it does feel like it should be late October! Certainly has me pumped to get out and spend some hours in the stand!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
High thirties tonight in mid-MO. Hard to make myself go to work tomorrow morning.:cry:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I made a rub and a scrape on a bradford pear in the front yard.:) Wife starting saying her goodbyes and telling me she'll see me in January when season is over.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I just hope its this cool the weekend of Oct. 1. Every year it seems like it does this. Gets real cool just before season opens and gets you all pumped up then as soon as it's time to hit the woods its a heat wave with highs in the 80's and lows in the mid 60's. Last year the heat wave hit mid november with temps in the 60's and messed up the rut. Hopefully this year it will be different.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Suppost to be down to 38 here tomorrow morning. I hunted this afternoon and before I could get the backpack off and the bow up off the ground I had three does around the base of the tree. One of the fawns tripped over the hoist rope and spun around like she was going to attack it.

Since I have a small frame I busted out the thermal long johns already. Good thing too, wind is still bad here.

Mike

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Yes sir, it's bowhunting weather for sure! Left this morning and the radio said it was 43 degrees..... come on October 1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts