Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have heard about these string stops on AT for a while, recently, there have been a lot of recommendations for using them on the Realm and RealmX. I thought, what can be more dampening than a carbon tube with a rubber stop at the end and a bowjax dampener toward the front?

But, I decided to get one, to do this, find member, "CoolhandLuke" on AT and message him.

I got it in the other day and shot it yesterday, I can say, definitively, that it DOES make a difference. I had the stock string stop, bowjax split limb dampeners, and a bowjax cable guard dampener on the stock string stop. With the CHL stop, I get much less buzz, even though my RealmX was pretty damn quiet before I installed it. Now, it's about as quiet a bow as I have shot.

I can honestly say that this is a great aftermarket addition to the Realm X, at a great price.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree that CHL strings stop do make a difference. I received 2 of his stops yesterday and easily installed them on my Reign 6. and Prodigy and all you hear when you shot is the sound of the arrow hitting the target. The R6 and Prodigy where already quite and dead in the hand bows but the CHL stops bring them to the next level. Great up grade for $20!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another thumbs up for the CHL string stop. The carbon stop on my Realm X wouldn't stay in place. Ended up torquing the screw too hard and cracked the tube. The CHL stop is a marked improvement in every category. And as a bonus, Luke is very good to deal with.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
12,869 Posts
These things are a "no-brainer" on the Realm bows. Everyone shooting a Realm or Realm X should for certain have one of these on their bows. Great and reasonably priced upgrade.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I just ordered 1 for my Reign 6. How did you set it up in relation to the string? Touching vs business spacing at rest? Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my Realm X, the length of the stop, the way it came, installed with it just touching the string. I have it set up like that and will recheck after shooting with it to see if it opens up a bit.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I just ordered 1 for my Reign 6. How did you set it up in relation to the string? Touching vs business spacing at rest? Thanks
On my bows I set them up touching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Thank you sir. You guys feel free to call or text me at (814) 207-3472

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just ordered one for my Realm! Not sure I’ll notice a difference since I’m a newb but will take everyone’s word!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just got mine in the mail. Definitely a great upgrade at a reasonable price. Made my X completely dead at the shot.
Awesome product from CHL.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just got one in for my Prodigy on Friday. Very good craftsmanship and it's an upgrade from Bowtech's stock stop. Will put one on right away on any other Bowtech I get in the future.

People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Thank you guys

·
Registered
24,851 Posts
Received mine today. Fits perfect and looks great.

Probably won't be able to shoot until Friday though.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts