Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have an ANTS sight?

I just got one and I am really disappointed in the quick adjust for moving the sight. On mine it takes two men and a boy to press in the brass buttons and try and slide the sight housing up and down. I called the factory and they said they are suppose to be set really tight and there is no user adjustment.

I was just wondering if this is common or if I have one that needs to go back to the factory. If they are this hard to move, mine is going off to Ebay real quick.

Thanks
Dave
_________

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hi Dave,

Yes I have one, and yes the quick adjust is pretty stiff. But, it is loosening up the more i use it.

I love my ANTS Evo2 and it's gonna stick with me for a long time to come!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
i have found that in time....they seem to work themselfs free and are easier to slide.....i think the tight setting is so that they dont become sloppy in a short time .....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Mine works well, it takes more than minimal pressure though. More akward then anything for me. Takes a bit to get use too. That said I like it more than the other target sights I used and looked at.

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
What Glow and OBT said, they are stiff at first but "loosen" over time. The tolerances, or lack there of, is exactly why I bought the sight. Would rather have a tight sight that may be a little more problematic to move when compared to others, than a loose sight that is easy to move...sometimes when you don't want it to.

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Ditto for me.. I really liked the sight but the quick adjustment was too much a pain in the keester. I also did not like the way they do the scope for removal to store/transport. Pitty though, I liked the other aspects of the sight.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
No problem with mine,

but I have big hands and long fingers. :D

Seriously, mine takes little effort.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Don't try to lube it or something. Just give it some time. I also thought the brass parts were stuck when I got mine, but it all settles in after some time (and after bow's vibrations shake it up a bit)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I just got a set of ANTS II and am having some difficulty switching from Sure-Locs. The adjustment on my ANTS is very stiff though it will likely get easier with use. There isn't much room on ANTS for a sight tape. I'll get one on this weekend but it looks like it's going to be a struggle. Also, the pointers are well above the sight marks which looks like it would make them less precise but I haven't tried them yet. I didn't think I'd like the 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment being the same mechanism but it seemed to come into zero pretty well. I tried to stabilize a CR Apex scope on my ANTS and simply gave up. I put an Extreme scope on instead with no problems.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've got a chrome Check-it 9000, slides very easily. I'll swap ya even up, & I'll pay postage. (I also have 2 black ones, if you prefer)

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
There is a "Trick" to it

I know what you are saying, but there is a trick. Don't try to pull or push the slide up or down. Squeeze in the buttons with your thumb and middle finger and then push down on the FRAME with your index finger. It works very well and slides much easier. I tried to squeeze the brass buttons and pull down on the slider....not happening. The Minx then showed me "The Trick" and it slides like a charm.:darkbeer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts