Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the new Mark III from Copper John. It's taken over a month and a half for them to even send it to Lancaster Archery where I ordered it from. Has anyone else had this problem with them yet this year? I ordered it on April 18th and still nothing. I've contacted both companies "Copper John and Lancaster" and at first they said it would be here in 2 weeks, than 2 weeks after that and now they extended it another 2 weeks???? GGGRRRR!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant MARCH 18th...That I ordered it. Not April.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered the Mark IV single pin in Lost Camo on Jan. 6th (yes I said Jan.) and received it on Apr. 23rd. Needless to say I was very displeased, the sight is well made though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm a little upset too about the amount of time but I'm sure it will be worth it when I get it. thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I sent a site in to them three week age for repair and I call them today thay said it was in the mail today but he allready run.I be calling them tomarrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a copper john pro II and a widowmaker. The pro II has exposed fiber optics and can't be replaced in the field. they broke while hunting 70 miles from home. copper john sent me some new fibers and they broke. I ordered replacement fibers from cabelas and cut them to size and replaced them. the widowmaker sights' fibers can be replaced but the yellow fibers are not very bright even with the light. I am now looking for a new sight and won't try copper john sights in the future.

·
Need to get to town,fasst
5,971 Posts
Ordered the Mark IV single pin in Lost Camo on Jan. 6th (yes I said Jan.) and received it on Apr. 23rd. Needless to say I was very displeased, the sight is well made though.
How do you like this sight? This is the slider style sight correct? I wanted to try it because of the 3rd abd 2nd axis it provides. I have had one on order for a while as well but I am willing to keep waiting since it is not season yet. I am guessing CJ didn't expect the amount of demand to be so quick beofre they released the information on the new sights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How do you like this sight? This is the slider style sight correct? I wanted to try it because of the 3rd abd 2nd axis it provides. I have had one on order for a while as well but I am willing to keep waiting since it is not season yet. I am guessing CJ didn't expect the amount of demand to be so quick beofre they released the information on the new sights.
Yes this is the single pin sight, and I also ordered this because of the 2nd and 3rd axis. The sight came in but I am still waiting on the bracket for my second axis. I ordered this in Jan. also and it is still backordered. It is very well made, but it isn't as smooth as the HHA. I am pretty pleased with the sight and it is really bright. Just not happy with the service.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Since they have cut their operation a while back. They had a alot of peole and they made a decsion to cut even though they had high demands and they cut their customer service people as well and you can see it is hitting everyone. Like mentioned they sold a lot of there CJ DeadNuts Sights including Pro II & Pro III and yet when they lost their pin vendor they decided not to get another one and now the pins are no more. Never heard anything till I needed a couple of pins and could not get them so I wonder if the fiber for these sights are very old stock just trying to unload them since you can't get the pins and what they want for the replacement fiber is just too much. When they got into the sight business they had great Customer Service sad to say they have lost that if I did not have them on 3 of my bows I would be buying another brand but last year a few guys here sent me some free pins with fiber that will hold me over a while longer. You would never think they would only have one part vendor but seem they did and they have sold many of their original sights and they aren't older than 6 years and yet no pins...

Sad but that is how some business work and these days profits is all some are after not customer service like how they got to where they were and are losing that each day...

LFM

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I ordered the DN3 Mark 3 and didn't like it. The tolerances between the pin groove and the pin is loose. When I tightened the pin screw the whole pin would turn in the groove. This exposed the blade of the pin which I didn't like. I tried to hold the pin straight when tightened but the pins still would not line up right.

I have had CJ sights on all of my bows and have never owned another brand. I am very anal about my equipment and loved the CJ DN2 sights and was looking forward to the DN3. The 07 DN2 had the strongest pins but the gun metal blue finish was terrible. The 2nd generation DN2 (08-09) had the better finish but they changed the pin design which made them a little weaker, but still a very good sight. The DN3 to me was step back for CJ.

So I sold the DN3 and bought a DN2 Scimitar for my Z7. I realize some will love the sight but not me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts