Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started playing with a '03 Hoyt U-Tec, XT-2000, Cam.5 and put my FITA Copper John sight on it. With my first arrow shot, I though I forgot to tighten ALLl the bolts and screws given the amount of metallic "twang" noise. It was brutal. I love the sight and the bow but when I put a Sureloc on it the noise went away. When I put the CJ on my BowTech Pro40 DC, the noise wasn't there either. I was just curious if anyone else had this CJ/U-Tec combo noise problem or am I suffering from another 1 in a million, were once again, I just happen to be that "1".

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I had a Deadnuts sight that was making some noise on my Hoyt Striker. It wasn't that anything was loose, is was more like a tuning fork vibration of the sight. I ended up putting a small, thin piece of fleece behind the sight mount, on the riser. That solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
if it's an older model cj then it's more then likely the sight they had a problem with noise but have corrected it. If you contact them I'm sure you can send it to them and they will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CJ/Utec

My FITA CJ ANTS sight is an '03 model bought this year. It's about 5 months old. I will give them a call and see what the have to say. It works great on my BowTech.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ultimate in quiet!!

I just got back from the range shooting my Ultratec DC Pro w/ Cam & 1/2's and have to say the new Copper John ANTS sight is quite the sight-Rock solid and very quiet !!

The folks at Copper John can be very proud of their product-Job very well done.:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the same problem w/ my XT2000 UT and Dead nuts pro. I put a very thin piece of rubber between the bow and sight and it did the trick. Should have done it in the first place, it will protect the finish on the bow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts