Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend bought a new Copper John "Hunter" sight for his new Hoyt Ultratec. He complained that it won't come up high enough to work. He then gave it to another friend to use on his new Browning Mirage. This guy says he can just barely get it high enough to see, but everything is maxed out! Anyone else find this, with the "Hunter" model? Any suggestions?
THANKS!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My Tropy Ridge is almost maxed out in elevation but this is because my anchor point is probably a little lower than normal. Have them try moving the anchor point up, this sould move the sight down.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
My Dead Nuts Hunter is nearly maxed out in the DOWN position. I think it's like Panzer said though. I anchor just like my longbow at the corner of the mouth.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have a Dead Nuts Pro on my Ultratec, and have no problems with it. I would also say that your anchor point needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my copperjohn pro is pretty much maxed out in hieght too,when i went to a carter release from a wrist strap type it really lowered my anchor and subsiquently raised my peep.
you would have to lower your peep or raise your anchor point.....
copper john is very good sight though....

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you set your peep height at approx. 5 1/8"-5 1/4" (at rest, not full draw), you will find you will get a very comfortable and usable sight plane with most all sights on the market. This comes from experience seeing this on hundreds if not thousands of bows every year that come into the shop. We check all dimensions on all bows when brought in for repair etc., and we find in these problems listed above its due to poor peep sight placement.

Hope this helps...

·
Banned
843 Posts
If there is 2 faults with the Dead nutz sight ,it is vertical adjustment range(lower than avg) and price. $60.00 for a basic 5 pin,come on guys 50.00 bucks max.?

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have no problem with adjustment on my sight, but it is only a 3 pin, and my peep is @ 5" from center of my nock point. Love the Copper John sights. Its worth the extra $10 when you look at the aluminum machining.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Put the bottom screw in the middle hole. Problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts