Archery Talk Forum banner

copper john vs sword

1851 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ricksmathew
Wanting to get a new sight. I've narrowed it down to the sword twilight hunter and the copper john deadnuts 2 supreme. Anyone ever use these? Going to get .019 pins. Wanting to know which one is brighter and better built. Thanks for any help
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
515 Posts
I do not know about the sword twilight hunter because I have never owned one. I do own the copper john deadnuts II micro and I think it is a great sight exexpt for the fiber optic pins. For me and a lot of other people the red is really hard to see. I think the new 08 models addressed this problem and went with amber and green pins. Right now I am looking at getting the light for it so I can see the red in dim light conditions.

· Registered
7,785 Posts
I own 2 Coppepr John Dead Nuts 2's and I like them, but have had 3 issiues with the site adjustment Screw Stripping out on the Supreme. This is the bolt that you adjust the elevation with! Sight is bright and well built. But I did just buy a Sword Apex for my Bullet X and preffer it alot more than the CJDN2.

OBTW any one looking for 2 CJDN2 4 pin sites CHEEP with .029 Pins Pm me!

· Registered
792 Posts
sights

I have a sword hunter and apex pin sight an also the CJDN2 and prefer the apex over all of them just my opinion tho all are good sights in their own sense

· Registered
2,659 Posts
I have owned both. I thought the Copper John was a very well built sight until I tried a Sword. I have never looked back. Give Scott and Sons a call. Scott will absolutely take care of you.

· Registered
3,992 Posts
Can't beat the quality of the Sword Twilight Hunter super bright pins and it comes with the light if needed but not usually.

· Registered
9,514 Posts
I use to have Coper John's, but after getting a look see of a Sword sight, off came the CJ, and on went a Sword, and let me tell ya it's worth every penny. Tougher than nail's fiber's, and rock solid construction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.