Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has read core archery by larry wise?? i think i may purchase it, id like to read it. if you read it, how did you like it. did it help you any?

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Bought my copy off Amazon. Has it helped me? Some but in order to make the best use of it you must really commit to what he teaches. I would still like to attend one of his clinics to see if I'm following his written guide.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Core archery is the best money I ever spent to improve my archery game.
I have a friend that just started getting into archery and reading it was the first thing i asked him to do. The second was watching grivs form video.
You can puchase the book from lancaster achery.
Good luck.

·
A.K.A. Big JW
2,718 Posts
Just read it about a week ago

This book is great and would be a great help to anyone who is just starting to shoot back tension or anyone who wants to better understand it. I can't say whether it has helped me or not but I definately think it will.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I've read the book, and in fact have spent the day at Larry's home getting some help for a really bad habit I was forming. Larry is a wonderful teacher. It's a good book, but I hate to say it, and I'll go wash my mouth out with soap after I've said it. I think Bernie's Idiot proof archery is just as good or maby better. I guess it's all up to the reader and what he's looking for as to what he gets out of these books.....

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I bought the book a couple years ago off ebay,,it has helped me alot. I get it out from time to time and look over it again,,

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Well worth the money. If you want to move your shooting to the next level, I would recommend it highly.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I bought a copy last winter, it's a great book and has already helped me make improvement in my shooting.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have both Larry's and Bernie's books. I learned something from both. Bottom line; Bernie's is thicker and more interesting to read. His humor shows through on most pages and he really gets the point across. Essentially they both teach similar concepts, Larry's is more technical and focuses just on BT and the mental game while Bernie's covers all that and more.

For refreshers, I switch back and forth between both books and recommend both of them.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Good book

If you shoot a BT then I think it's a must have item. When I started shooting I got with the most reliable person that was a coach and got some lessons, beside teaching me to shoot with proper from he also recommended I shoot a BT release, he let me borrow one of his and I started to learn to shoot with it. He then recommended Core Archery, so I got that too. I've shot a BT release since and when I can't meet up with a coach I refer to the book and I find it very helpful. It also goes into building a shot sequence which I did not have at the time. At a lot of shots I get to hear different ideas about how someone should shoot and a lot of it is good and some not so good. The things I try to take notes on is what the guy that had the highest score said, especially when it matches up with what I read about in the book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts