Archery Talk Forum banner

corkscrew cure

744 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  NEVADAPRO
I figured out and cured my slight corkscrew problem. I shot my old arrows all summer, (6), 3 with broadheads, 3 with field tips. They shot great all summer, 20, 30, 40 yards. I bought 12 new arrows in sept. 6 new broadheads with new arrows for hunting, 3 with the old broadheads, 3 with the fieldpoints. 2 of My new arrows with the old broadheads were corkscrewing, 1 was flying great. for 3 weeks I tried everything, EVERYTHING. Yesterday I noticed that the nock on the single arrow was the same as on my old arrows. So I switched them. The arrows flew great, GREAT. Seems that the new nocks snapped on the string and was much tighter on the string than the old nocks. So I bought the looser fitting nocks and I'm drivin tacks with my broadheads. Ready for the morning hunt!:wink:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
I use Easton G Nocks on everything
I always number my arrows they can be identified.
From time to time I find an arrow that isn't hitting the spot I'm aiming at and find that the nock's shaft is bent making it NOT squat to the arrow.

Sometimes it's the simplest things :confused:

· Registered
8,033 Posts
I agree! The other night in our league, I had an arrow that was just not hitting where I thought it should be. I turned the nock a quarter turn and it was better but not perfect! So I turned it one more time and it was perfect!! If you do this and just can't get it to shoot, change the nock!!:)

I use Easton G Nocks on everything
I always number my arrows they can be identified.
From time to time I find an arrow that isn't hitting the spot I'm aiming at and find that the nock's shaft is bent making it NOT squat to the arrow.

Sometimes it's the simplest things :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.