Votes: 196 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you that hunt private land bait the deer ? just curious . around here , your neighbors gonna be . and that really reduces your chances of much success . corn or apples , etc . doesn't matter .

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really simple, one is hunting and one is not.
rrrrright . that's not the question . if youre killing deer with a bow , its hunting regardless of your ignorant response .. lol

:pukey:

·
Heavy Hitter
2,525 Posts
Let the neighbors bait away, let them spread scent and educate the deer as much as they please and wonder why they don't see mature bucks

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that thinking doesn't fill the freezer very often . if the deer know where the feed is , that's where they'll be .its not always about the biggest deer . some folks make damn sure their efforts don't go unrewarded . better to have a perfect doe down than go through a year meatless . call it what you like .

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
rrrrright . that's not the question . if youre killing deer with a bow , its hunting regardless of your ignorant response .. lol

:pukey:
Wrong. You are not allowed to hunt over bait of any kind in Iowa. You can't even bowhunt a trail leading to a bait pile or feeder.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong. You are not allowed to hunt over bait of any kind in Iowa. You can't even bowhunt a trail leading to a bait pile or feeder.
in that case . your vote doesn't matter . all the hunters do have the same regulations and an even playing field , but not the option to bait . too bad .......move !

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
in that case . your vote doesn't matter . all the hunters do have the same regulations and an even playing field , but not the option to bait . too bad .......move !
I feel sorry for so called hunters who feel the need to hunt over bait.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel sorry for so called hunters who feel the need to hunt over bait.
no use feeling sorry . the guys that bait get to eat great . and that's goal # 1 . with a very high success rate . id rather be eating than wondering why I missed or no deer actually got in bow range . or starving come end of the season . no regrets .

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
no use feeling sorry . the guys that bait get to eat great . and that's goal # 1 . with a very high success rate . id rather be eating than wondering why I missed or no deer actually got in bow range . or starving come end of the season . no regrets .
That's exactly why I feel sorry for you!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Is baiting in a high fence worse than baiting outside a high fence. Or how about baiting outside a high fence vs not baiting inside a high fence. Which do the “experts” allow to be called hunting.
I couldn’t resist��

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hunt private land, all the neighbors bait but have no bedding areas so all the deer hit their corn at night as soon as there's a little pressure.

1 - 20 of 817 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.