Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes...from centerline to centerline. I believe 1/8 inch may or may not be too much stretch. I use to shoot the Outback and it was very critical to keep axle to axle in spec. Some other bows might be more forgiving of it. It just depends on your bow. Sorry I can't help more. Maybe someone else has more info.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
BowTech rates their Axle to axle and brace height as + or - 1/8 inch. I'm not sure what the tolerances are for other manufacturers.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
816 Posts
Accuracy

The reason for plus or minus measuremnets is poundage and string stretch.

Tune your bow, when it's shoot the best it can, then take those measurements. Write them down in your bow log, those are more important than any other. Keep those measurements dead on.

Axle to axle measurements are hooking over the axle and measuring to the front of the other axle, hense center to center.

I allow no more than 1/16th difference in a tune measurements, most of the time it's no more than the thickness of the line on the tapemeasure.

Have a good bowhunt

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
It is okay. These measurements are approximates. If you turn your poundage up and down on a given bow the ata and the brace height will change as the limbs are moved in or out of the pockets. If timing/sycronization etc are correct.......... shoot it. In all reality people have been long and short stringing bows forever to make slight draw length or poundage adjustments. It also can allow more cam roll for increased speed. These alterations do affect ata. No big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.