Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents/Ladies,

I have two Ol' Man Treestands that I want to ship back to Ol Man for some service. I have the original boxes, but have not been able to find a way to ship it from Ohio to Mississippi cheaply. Any thoughts? I've tried UPS and Fed Ex and the cost was pretty steap. I don't know if USPS will ship boxes as big as these....

Thanks in advance!

Siefrj

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPS was $55 for one climber shipping via UPS Ground.... I'm heading to the post office this afternoon at lunch to see what they can do for me. If I can't ship them both for under $50 I move to plan two.

Plan two ..... ingenuity has taken hold of me. I will have one Ol' Man Climbing treestand for sale! I can justify buying a new one with the money from the old one, plus the savings in shipping cost (that is the ingenious part that my wife hasn't yet figured out) and the value of having a newer lighter Ol' Man.

NOTE: The service on the Ol' Man was to cure a small creeking sound in the cable that runs through the seet portion of the climber. I'm picky and since it has a warranty, I was going to use it, but not at $55 shipping cost for one climber.

This may work out real good for me!

Now the question is Summit or Ol Man or API or some other type? I've been very happy with my Ol' Man but it is pretty big in the tree. I think I'd like something a little smaller size wise but with all the comfort and quiteness of the Ol' Man. I don't like the stands with the bar in front because I shoot a lot of deer sitting down and it would get in the way. So I may be limited to an Ol' Man, or hand climber versions of the Summit and API's.

Siefrj

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Well....

Man as far as shipping them back it looks like if the PO cant come through for ya with a cheaper price you might be outta luck....I know UPS will take a box that big but like you said it's gonna cost you.....I bought a new Ol Man Multi Vision climber a few weeks ago I love it, it's got the foot rest/ shooting rest for gun hunting, that you can also take off totally & it's still got the old comfy sling seat....I think it weighs like 25lbs or so with everything on it, so it's not to bad....Plus it has the new spreader arms on it which are really nice...Or you could go with the new Ol Man Multivision Air Elite if ya want to dump the money on it....All titanium & carbon fiber......The Caddy of tree stands.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
USPS ships treestands, all you have to do is look at eBay and you will see the guys shipping them to anywhere in the lower 48 for around $20 US. I bought one and the guy paid $17 from Georgia to northern NY.

Up here we also use the bus to ship bulky items. Grey Hound has a great shipping service and I can guarantee you that it will be a lot cheaper than UPS.

We actually find UPS to be prohibitively expensive for most things. I guess businesses can write off a lot of the cost for using couriers where private citizens can't. Personally I've had nothing but excellent service from the USPS. You should be proud of them, they do a super job for you.

CC

·
Registered
66 Posts
Summit Broadhead or Cobra

take a look at the Broadhead (folds flat) or the Cobra. Very comfortable and extremely quiet!!! Broadhead about 240.00 and the Cobra about 210.00.
I use the Viper and have loved it!!! You know it is quiet when you are videotapping a hunter and the hunter, after getting himself settled in, looks on the ground for you only to discover you are already 15' in the tree. Imagine his surprise.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... I'm heading to USPS right now (lunch time) as I didn't make it there yesterday to see what they can do for me.

I hope it's 20 bucks! Then I could ship it down and keep my ol' man. That would be cheaper than buying a new one....... but I do have my Cabela's bucks to use this season... hmmm. Decisions decisions decisions!?!?!?!?!?:D

Siefrj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts