Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
i hope that skunk comment was a joke:confused:

that would be awesome to get to shoot that. you said you have a tag? Can you hunt it all year or is there a season?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hope that skunk comment was a joke:confused:

that would be awesome to get to shoot that. you said you have a tag? Can you hunt it all year or is there a season?
There is a season. When I am walking to my stand in the dark in 2 weeks to hunt Bear, it will not be Cougar season:mg: Season starts back up on Oct. 31st. Going after my first bear, we had at least 5 different bears going to a wallow and this Cougar was on the trail leading to the wallow. It will be an adrenalin filled walk with nothing but a Recurve in my hand.

·
Registered
436 Posts
cougar

We hunt in the NE corner of the state (little Pend orielle) and have taken 2 with a bow from stands. There is usually snow and we always see lots of tracks. I will be packing a sidearm this year with the new rule change. Always makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up when your hiking in the dark and see fresh tracks.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
There is a season. When I am walking to my stand in the dark in 2 weeks to hunt Bear, it will not be Cougar season:mg: Season starts back up on Oct. 31st. Going after my first bear, we had at least 5 different bears going to a wallow and this Cougar was on the trail leading to the wallow. It will be an adrenalin filled walk with nothing but a Recurve in my hand.
Whether its season or not. I would pack a handgun. I have Cougars in my area too. Its nice that they allow Bow hunters and Muzzloaders to carry Firearms. Get a Permit to carry, TXJIMWA.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whether its season or not. I would pack a handgun. I have Cougars in my area too. Its nice that they allow Bow hunters and Muzzloaders to carry Firearms. Get a Permit to carry, TXJIMWA.
Sure do, it's called The Second Amendment to The Constitution of The United States of America. It goes very nicely with the open carry laws of Washington State:

Article I, Section 24
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Buying my hunting license does not cancel out either of these and maybe the court will agree and maybe they won't but I am willing to find out if necessary.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It will be an adrenalin filled walk with nothing but a Recurve in my hand.
I would hear a branch crack, or a twig drop, and it would be a pants filled walk for me!! Good luck hope ya get a crack at your bear. Come back in one piece.

-Chuck

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Wow! Good luck, I hope you can run fast.

·
Registered
972 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts