Archery Talk Forum banner

Cougar stalking a deer!

2450 Views 26 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  vichris
Not sure if this has been posted yet and I don't know the story behind it but WOW! This picture is fantastic and if you live out west with the lions, it has got to give you the creeps.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Now thats a cool pic....and a little scary!

d

· Registered
7,793 Posts
Yup, it's been here. I posted it and was told it was here before and that it is a photoshop picture. Don't know if it's true or not...still pretty wild, though...

· Registered
3,205 Posts
At least a 3 year old email spammed pic - and felt by most to be photoshopped as well.

Reported to be in probably 40 different states - all by "reliable" sources.

Steve

· Trophy Meat Hunter
11,366 Posts
Wow! It's only March and that thing is making the rounds again.

· Registered
362 Posts
I dont believe it's photoshopped. I've seen somewhere where there is a sequence of pictures. This the first one, then the previous pictures are of just the cat because the flash bumped the deer, and the cat just hung out.

· Registered
1,183 Posts
There's no way a cougar would stalk to that short of a distance. They can go 0-40mph in 50 feet, and cover 45 feet with one leap, so why get that close?? Still eerie, though.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
I dont believe it's photoshopped. I've seen somewhere where there is a sequence of pictures. This the first one, then the previous pictures are of just the cat because the flash bumped the deer, and the cat just hung out.
it is Photo shopped....... somebody took out the BigFoot that was behind the cougar ........:becky:

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry...it was e-mailed to me and I thought it was cool. I must have missed the earlier threads. I gotta say, though, if it's photoshopped, kudos to the guy that did it because it sure looks like a great pic to me.

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts
Yeah, it's made its rounds for the past couple of years. Believed, by most, to be photoshopped. And I am one of those who believe it. Cool picture nonetheless.

· Registered
356 Posts
There's no way a cougar would stalk to that short of a distance. They can go 0-40mph in 50 feet, and cover 45 feet with one leap, so why get that close?? Still eerie, though.
I would have to agree. Hell, 2-3 more feet and he would be stepping on the deer's heels.

Maybe he's just going to roar real loud and scare that poor little deer till he pees himself and they'll have a good laugh afterwards.:banana:

· Registered
51 Posts
Photoshoped. I've seen all three photos. One of just the Deer, one of just the Mtn. Lion, and this one with the two overlaid on top of each other. On the first two the date stamp was very clear. Not so with the overlay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.