Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please run my numbers for arrow spine.
I'm having some issues picking out arrow spine, I can't decide between 340 and 400 spine. I would prefer to shoot easton axis arrows.
My primary bow is a Strother Sx-1 at 60lb 28.5" draw length. It has binary cams and I have smooth mods in the cams. I shoot 100 grain slicktricks and nap killzone broadheads. I shot a 27.5" arrow last season but never at more than 40 yds while hunting and didnt get to papertune yet.
My back up bow is an Athens Recluse at 60lb and 29" draw shooting a 28" arrow with 100g head, also binary cams.
If any one would be kind enough to run these numbers on their program and help me out with an arrow spine, I would be very very appreciative as I'm on the verge of getting some easton axis shafts and am on the fence on arrow spine.
I really appreciate if anyone can help me out and I would gladly return the favor in any way possible in the future.
Thank you
David

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm stuck between a 27" arrow at 400 spine or a 29" at 340
I'm most likely shooting an easton axis arrow.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ran it on TAP based on the Strother and using the hunting filter. For the Axis (not Axis FMJ) cut 27.5" carbon to carbon and 28" overall and assuming fletched with three blazers the ideal spine was .35. The 340 spine Axis cut at the stated length with a 100 grain tip produced a FOC of 10.44% and an overall weight of 412.5 grain based on standard Eastoncomponents and no adhesives. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Looks like a 28.5 arrow will be perfect in .340
I appreciate taking the time to run the numbers.
Thank you
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts