Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brickhouse TSC and Penthouse TSC...if you used...likes or dislikes..compatibility for BOWHUNTING ONLY....

either using a 34" ata Legacy or a 40 3/8" conquest3 to shoot out of......most likley the former as the main rig

I don't like thoot thru windows but have no problem modifying them to non-shot thru :D

thanks, JB

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I picked up the Brickhouse on clearance for 50 bucks, at Wally world last
year. Goes up and down in seconds. I've had no problems. I removed the
Shoot through stuff. Plenty big enough for bow hunting. Can't go wrong,
for 50 bucks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Brickhouse TSC

I have never used a penthouse but the brickhouse is awesome. Mine cost a little more then $50 (great deal). I even like it better then my double bull. :D

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....kinda liked the looks of the Brickhouse...I already have a double bull blind stool sample(kidding) to use here with my asat leafy suit....

need to make sure and tell stealthman to remove the shoot thru mesh...

·
Registered
403 Posts
bought mine for 25.00 at wally world last january you can try ebay they run between 75.00 to 130 on their

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I have the Brickhouse TSC and love it . easy to put up and take down , I had my son walk out on front of it and see when he could see me thru the shoot thru widows , he had to get about 2-3 foot to it . I used it to try my luck at turkey hunting and I had several hens in front of me for 30 - 40 min , I moved inside the blind and they never saw me ,I scratched the side of the blind and they did look but after a min or 2 they went right back to what they where doing .... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have both of them. I put them up last year and left them out all season long. The ONLY complaint I have is that both of them turned yellow. They have virtually no UV protection.

If your going to be putting them up and taking them down on a regular basis I'd say you will love them. If your planing on leaving them out I'd buy a DB.

My .02

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how does the stackhoue do standing up shooting???

I am 6'0"...just curious how the bow would do against the roof...

I did look at that one too but realized it was new...didn't expect any feedback on it.... :tongue:

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have not yet had much experience with the Stackhouse. I set it up in living room :eek: . I am 5'10 and will easily be able to shoot my allegiance. However, I do not remember how much clearance is available for a taller person or longer bow. I'll have to set it up again and get back to you. My other blind is a 3 year-old Doghouse. Man, the first thing I noticed about the SH is the DARKNESS inside. I had to crawl out bottom to get a flashlight so I could locate the zipper on door and windows. Good thing I bought the copper john sight light. While I am comfortable shooting while sitting, I am excited about having the ability to stand as well. In the early season, the undergrowth is 3 to 4 feet tall and darn tough to see and shoot a deer at that same height. That slight down angle while standing should help out a lot. It will take take more effort to put up the poles in the SH compared to Doghouse as they are much longer poles. Will have to practice at that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks for the input folks!

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think I could do the standing up.....

but still like the looks of it......I could get three of them suckers for two brickhouses.... :shade:

like the other dude said...thanks for all the feedback

I also wondered how this thread could stay so positive....then I remembered everyone is on the Tred Barta thread ;) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts