Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple years i've really been entersted in going down there for the shoot, but i know nothing about it sept its a big deal and lots of pros go there.
Is it a shoot for all ages or is it an 18 and over shoot because its in Vegas? Do you have to quallify to go down there or can you just show up?

·
Registered
982 Posts
In Las Vegas do they count 10's as tens, 9's as nine's, and x's as insideout's????????

·
Registered
756 Posts
Viva Las Vegas!

northshoremb:

The target is scored with the Xring the inner X being scrored as an X. The second ring out in the yellow is the 10 ring. the next yellow section is the nine, then 8, etc.

Come on, come all, if you are big enough to toe the line and shoot your equipment safely you are old enough to shoot.

Go to the NFAA Web site for further information on the Vegas Shoot.

Alaska Sam

·
Registered
982 Posts
Usually I shoot 300 with 25-28 x's with a 6.5" brace height bow. So I should do good down there when I get My Merlin Supernova with 8.5" of brace height. Just a long drive from Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant figure out what they consider youth...

·
Registered
756 Posts
AJ008:

In the NFAA 2003 book, the description of a "youth" shooter is a person between 12 to 14 years of age.

A Young Adjult is between 15 and 17 years of age.

I hope this helps explain your question.

Alaska Sam
;)

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, thanks Sam!

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
look what happened to elvis

Usually I shoot 300 with 25-28 x's with a 6.5" brace height bow.
but we have failed to mention what happens at vegas. it's where those sleeping demons in your head come out to play upon the words, "FIRST SCORING END". you will learn things about your shot you never really knew.

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts